Chapter Nineteen

When Monday morning came, I didn't even have to open my eyes to know that I was in Alessia's body still.

I kind of saw it coming—and then there was the eery sense of joy caused by the possibility of seeing Dylan again.

With a huff, I ripped the sheets off Alessia's body before jumping into the shower.

When I was clean, I brushed my teeth before drying my hair. I couldn't help but stomp around all over the place, and then I realised.

Alessia's dad.

I dropped all that I was holding and checked the time.

I had one minute.

I unlocked her door as fast I could, sprinting down the stairs so fast I almost slipped. When I got downstairs, I didn't even check the time before I shook him awake.

As always, he moaned and groaned, and then he checked the time.

He laughed, slapping my leg. "For once, my pathetic excuse of a daughter can tell the time," I ducked my head, seeing as Alessia thought that was best. "Then again, you always find some way to show me up," with that, he shoved me into the wall and walked straight past me.

Well, that wasn't too bad.

After checking that the coast was clear, I dashed back up to Alessia's room, leaving her hair as it was and starting her makeup.

When I was done, I quickly ran serum through Alessia's hair, turning her frizzy hair into beautiful curls. You're welcome. Like always, threw Alessia's hair into a half up–half down style, though turning the ponytail into a small bun on Alessia's head before tying a ribbon around the hairband.

Slipping on Alessia's shoes, I sprayed her body with the perfume that smelt the most like my signature scent. I'm surprised Alessia didn't try to steal the actual bottle of my perfume from Dylan's house.

I almost forgot their project and so emptied the bag of everything I had worked on before shoving it into Alessia's school bag.

And that's when I saw it.

The t-shirt Alessia had borrowed from Dylan.

I hadn't let Alessia take control of her body for long at his house, and I don't recall her stealing his top when she did have control. Perhaps it was a mistake, perhaps I accidentally grabbed it. Or maybe she accidentally picked it up when he dismissed her after their kiss.

Whatever the reason was, I didn't care. I grabbed Alessia's bag and left her room, and then her house.

When I entered Nell's shop, I greeted her but kept the conversation short when I was paying since I was beginning to run late.

I got to school with ten minutes to spare and used the time to walk to toilets that wouldn't be occupied by the ghost of Olivia Clark's past. Well, Kiara, but it's all the same these days.

When I was finished in the toilets, I hurried to our registration class, taking my designated seat at the back in the corner. I spent most of the time putting the finishing touches on Alessia's homework, which I had deliberately left unfinished to make time throughout the day. My life was beginning to become very hard.