CHAPTER TWELVE: Month Two

My hand closes-- clenching into a fist. My eyes stare out the window. Seeing people walking, passing cars, buildings going by. Everything passing by is a blur. Hard rain hitting all aorund the car. I look over to my left shoulder to see Lucas driving behind the wheel, flipping the windshield wipers on--Pushing away the rain to see. A sudden cough escapes my mouth-- I cover it using the back of my left hand to keep it from spreading germs. Hell-- that came out of nowhere. The back of my throat feels like I swallowed something sharp.

(Lucas)- " You must be getting sick. I'll turn off the air" his hand reaches to shut off the ac but I blocked his hand away. His green eyes look away form the road to give me a slight glare.

(Y/n)- " I'm fine, I swallowed my gum" funny thing was, I wasn't chewing gum to begin with. Maybe I am getting sick? No, I can't get sick-- I don't want to take any more days off from work. It will drive me insane if I stay home again. Lucas had his eyes on the road again. I couldn't help but thank him again in my head, he was in the middle of a date when I had my panic attack in the movie theater. He even cancelled on his date to walk me home.

I dart my eyes back out the window keeping an eye on other vehicles. It  made me quietly chuckle seeing people drive carefully when a police SUV pulling up right next to them. Morgan's voice, along with other officers talk over the through the radio-- nothing that concerns Lucas and I. I let out a sigh, I can't keep looking out the window forever. I reach over to the small laptop monitor, nothing but files on people through their licesnse plate numbers. It's surprising how many people don't pay their tickets.

(Lucas)- " Hey, let's play a game" he spoke breaking the silence. I look up to him with a blank plain expression. My face gave it away that I don't want to play any sort of game. He got the hint making him drop his smile.

(Lucas)- " Ok-aay-- no games then." his smiles returns and he lightly chuckles.

(Lucas)- " We're partners right? Aren't partners suppose to know things about each other?" I continue to stare at him in silence. Novak never really asked me about my personal life-- nor was Tanner. Well... actually Tanner was a little-- but now all he does is worry about me.

(Lucas)- "I hardly know anything about you- other than than you get panic attacks at movie theaters." He doesn't know the real reason how the panic attack started. My mind replays the thought of myself drowning-- being captured by the things I feared and faced in my past. I turn my head to look out the window--- seeing cars slowing down. Damn it-- I was hoping for someone to speed up a little so Lucas can stop talking.

(Lucas)- " You're favorite color is (favorite color). You have two pets, Cyrano and Major-- adorable by the way.....and your full name is (F/n) (M/n) (L/n)" I roll my eyes with a smirk, he wasn't able to see it.

(Y/n)- " You looked that last one up" I finally spoke, continue to look out the window. The rain finally stops-- only light drizzling.

(Lucas)- " I did, but I got you to say something" his white teeth exposes when he smiles. He lightened the mood a bit-- now I show a grin but I have my hand trying to hide it.

(Y/n)- " There's nothing interesting about me" a blue car passes, going over the limit by five. I'll let it slide this one time.

(Lucas)- " That is a lie. I find you very interesting." I look back to him, his eyes glued to the road.

(Lucas)- " No hobbies? Likes and dislikes?"

(Y/n)- "Partners don't need to know everything about each other." I flash him a smirk. He saw and his lips from a grin.

(Lucas)- " Hey-- come on. What if I get you something to eat and your cheeks start to swell up?" I chuckle at the thought of it happening-- it won't be fun for me though.