CHAPTER FORTY: Evolution

LEON'S POV: 

LEON'S POV: 

God damn it! 

What was I suppose to do?

I didn't want to leave her there! 

Shit!

The mission I was assigned to-- It was to stop Lucas Donovan. The information I was given wasn't much to go on-- not even his face was included in the file. Kamil Donovan was a ghost-- seems like he didn't want anyone to know he existed, he must've changed it somehow. There was nothing in the files of Lucas having a sibling. Being in the shadows gave Kamil the upper advantage. 

 Brothers who wanted to make the future better, but they were going at it the wrong way. 

All those people that went missing a while back, Kamil and Lucas were using them as test subjects-- their virus did that to them. It was suppose to be a simple retrieval, but it didn't turn out that way. The BOWs in that facility-- those people were hardly recognizable. They looked similar to those BOWs I encountered at the police department back in Raccoon City. 

The pain she's in. Her screaming...

I heard those exact cries. Before I could even get a look who Lucas was-- he had already been mutated into some kind of monster. It was far worse than what've seen, combining, mixing-- viruses to form some kind of fast healing genetic. That was never going to work-- Once I laid my eyes on that mutated Lucas-- he was already dead, nothing of his human side was left.

I can still hear her screaming in the distance-- He infected her with the same sample Lucas gave himself. I know how this is going to turn out, (Y/n) is already been infected. It's only a matter of time. 

The restaurant was packed-- shoulder to shoulder. Kamil struts through-- a quick in his step, pretending nothing happened. A woman in a blue dress approaches him-- his sadistic expression returned when he grabs onto the woman harshly, she shrieks in his arms when he digs his handgun into her chest. With this loud music-- no one hears a thing! Her eyes widen in pain-- and falls to the floor. The people around her start to take notice. a few men in suits surround her-- others were screaming and panicking. 

(Leon)- "Get out of here-- make for the exits!" I shout to the crowds around me, they looked at me like I was some kind of mad man. I dart my eyes back to Kamil, he raises his gun to the ceiling-- showing he's a treat to these people. He aims his handgun to the people around him-- firing at them with no regards. Large men try to restrain him but he used the gun and brought them down. The ground was shaking--people running towards the exit to run away. 

I raise my handgun-- aiming towards Kamil, he laughs a hysterically-- waving the gun around. I could get a shot from here, but all these people are in my line of fire. Kamil caught sight of me-- smiling with a neck tilt. He sprints off-- my feet take over as I run after him. People were becoming obstacles-- not allowing me to pass through to catch up to him. Lightly shoving people to push pass them-- suddenly get tackled down to the ground. A woman saddled on top my lap, the same woman he shot earlier. Her eyes bright red and blood around her eyes and mouth.