I Lied

Frank
The doctor stayed silent. "Please, I need to know,"I pleaded as tears filled my eyes. "He's still alive. I dunno how much more I can say. You aren't immediate family,"she said. "I'm as close as his fucking family. I promise,"I said. She looked around and debated it a moment. "He's in emergency surgery. The bullet hit his lung so they needed to remove it and reinflate the lung. It'll be a few hours and then he should be okay,"she said. I nodded and turned around to go back with Ryleigh.

She was standing again and looked like she was going to cry. "Ry,"I said and tried to hug her. She pushed me away. "I need to see Dallon,"she said. "Ryleigh, he's okay. He's in surgery, he'll be fine. You aren't released yet,"I said and tried to hold her back. "Then fucking get me released. I need to see for myself and I need out of this fucking room,"she said. I nodded silently. "Stay here,"I said. She nodded.

I walked out to the reception desk. "Hello, can I get the release orders for Ryleigh Urie?"I asked. The woman nodded and picked up a phone. I returned to Ryleigh's room. She was curled up, crying, on the floor. "Hey, hey, it's gonna be okay,"I said and pulled her onto my lap as I sat next to her.

"No, it's not. What if he dies? It's all my fault,"she sobbed. "No, no. Don't think like that,"I said. She sobbed violently. The doctor came in and I gave her a look to ask for a minute. She nodded and motioned that she would be right outside the door.

"Ry, I need you to be strong right now. The doctor is back with the forms,"I said. She nodded and I helped her stand. I let the doctor back in and mouthed a silent thank you. I nodded. "Okay, Ryleigh, here's the release forms. Take it easy and please know that you're leaving against medical advice,"the doctor said and handed me the form. She showed me a form with information and symptoms. If they appeared then we should come straight back. I signed them and then we walked out.

"Take me to Dallon,"she said without any emotion. "Ry,"I pleaded with her. "Please, Frank. I'll go without you,"she said. I sighed and led her upstairs to the OR floor. Everyone was crowded in the waiting room. Breezy was on the way. Knox and Amelie were with her but I told them I would take them back to our tour bus until we knew what was going on.

We were there for a few hours. I left when Breezy got there. The kids were asleep. Lindsey was coming to get them tomorrow and she would keep them at their house with Bandit. I hoped for all our sakes, especially for Ryleigh, that Dallon would pull through okay.

Ryleigh
From the moment I woke up I knew something was wrong. Dallon took a fucking bullet for me. They should've just let me die and saved themselves the trouble. The guilt was eating me alive and if he died it would be all my fault. Frank tried to tell me different but he couldn't. He checked me out. I wondered where dad was but found him in the waiting room with red eyes. I sat next to him.

He laid his head in my lap and I stroked his hair. Breezy came and Frank left with the kids. They tried to make me go but I wouldn't. Hours later, the doctor came out. I was numb. "Weekes?"he said and we all stood.

"He pulled through just fine. He'll be awake in a few hours but we need to keep him a few days for observation to make sure his lung doesn't collapse. I'm looking at a full recovery,"the doctor said. We nodded and collectively let out a breath. Without thinking, I took off running. This was my fault. We wouldn't be here if it hadn't been for me.

I didn't know where I was running to but I ran. I was crying and couldn't see. I blindly ran out the front hospital doors and right into a solid chest. They grabbed me before I could fall. "Ryleigh?"the voice asked. I sobbed. Strong arms pulled me into a hug. "Hey, hey, it's okay,"the comforting voice said. He rubbed my back gently and let me cry it out even though I'm pretty sure I soaked the front of his shirt. I managed to calm down awhile later and looked up to see who I ran into.

It was Zachary Merrick. I was humiliated. I wanted to get to know them but not like this. "Hey, guys, can you give us a minute?"he signaled to the rest of All Time Low. They nodded and went inside. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"he asked in a panic. I nodded. He looked concerned. "Just needed some air,"I said. He nodded. "Do you want me to stay or are you coming back in? Does your dad know you're out here?"he asked. "I'll be okay if you wanna go in. I needed a few minutes to myself, he already knows,"I lied. "Okay if you're sure,"he said and went inside.

I ran down the sidewalk. By the time that he realized I lied I would be far from the hospital. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket as I slowed down to a walk just a block from the hospital. It dialed. "Hello?"Frank answered. "Frankie, I need another favor,"I pleaded. "What is it? What's wrong? Is Dallon okay?"he asked clearly anxious.

"I'm gonna drop you a pin and then can you pick me up. I'll explain everything else when you get here. Everyone else is at the hospital. Don't tell anyone. Leave the kids with Lindsey. Dallon's okay I think but I dunno,"I said. "Uh, okay?"he said confused. "Thank you, sending it now. Love you, Frankie,"I said quickly and sent him my location.