Feels Like Christmas

Ryleigh
The medicine helped some but seeing the food layout in front of me only made me feel sicker. I managed to eat half of a small pancake before pushing my plate away. Tyler glanced at me and I shrugged. "So, Ryleigh, we wanted to see if you would care if our siblings visited?"Tyler asked and glanced at Josh then Jenna. I shrugged. "I don't care,"I said. "Good, cause Jordan, Abigail, and Ashley are almost here,"Josh said.

"So, basically, it didn't matter because they're coming anyways?"I asked and raised an eyebrow. Josh shrugged. " Zack and Jay are on the way. Maddy and Will will come by on Christmas with Tatum since they have Pepper and Mia,"Tyler said. We finished up breakfast. I was nervous. Would they hate me? Did they know? What would they think? Questions invaded my brain.

I went to the living room and found The Grinch on TV so I started to finish it. Suddenly, there was a lot of noise by the front door. I knew Josh's siblings had arrived. They came into the living room and I was immediately pulled into a hug. I hugged them back cautiously as I wasn't sure who it was.

"It's so good to meet you. I'm Ashley,"the girl hugging me said. "You too,"I replied and was wrapped into another hug by who I assumed was Jordan. Abigail hugged me last. Josh came in and joined me on the couch. Jordan was on my other side and the girls took the chairs.

"So, since we're here together, I want to let you all know about something,"Josh spoke suddenly anxious. We looked at him curiously. "Tyler already knows, but I'm planning to ask Debby to marry me,"he said and trailed off as he waited for our responses. I launched myself into his arms to hug him. He hugged me back. "I'm so happy for you! You guys deserve it,"I whispered to him.

They'd been together for a long time. Debby had always been really nice to me and I was hoping I could know her better now. "When do you plan to ask her?"Jordan asked. "I dunno, yet. I have a place in mind,"he said. "Where?"Abi asked. "A tree house in New Zealand,"he replied.

They nodded their approval. There was more noise and I knew that Tyler's siblings had arrived. Tyler led his siblings in then sat next to me. Jenna sat on my other side a few minutes later. Josh explained his plan to Tyler's siblings while I blankly tried to focus on The Grinch. It wasn't going to happen, I just wanted something to do.

"Hey, Ryleigh?"Tyler asked. "Huh?"I asked. "Go get dressed. Wear something warm and comfortable. Wear a winter coat, if you need one borrow Jenna's. It's in the 40s,"Tyler said. "Oh, make sure to wear a sock over your toes on your casted foot,"he added. "Why?"I asked. "Because we're behind on Christmas so we're going to find a tree,"Tyler said. I had never done this before but it sounded fun.

I grabbed my crutches and hurried to my room. I found a grey pair of sweatpants with pockets and a long sleeved black t-shirt in my bag. I threw them on and found a pair of grey fuzzy socks so I put them on as well. I slipped on one tennis shoe then grabbed a beanie. It was maroon. Jenna came in to hand me a coat. It was army green with a belt around my midsection. There was fur around the hood. After that, I was ready so I crutched to the kitchen.

"Ready to go?"Tyler asked as he dangled his keys in his hand. "I'M READY TO GOOOOOOO!"I sang at the top of my lungs. Tyler winced, not prepared for how loud I can be. The rest of us laughed. "You're definitely your father's daughter,"he said. "Hurtful,"I faked being hurt with a hand over my heart. This sent us all into laughter again as Tyler opened the door and we made our way to the car. The front stairs went easier for me this time.

The Dun siblings went in one car while Zack and Jay piled in the car next to me. They kept picking on each other which made me giggle. Tyler put in his copy of Blurryface. Heavydirtysoul blasted through the car speakers as Tyler and I started to shout the lyrics at the top of our lungs. Jenna smiled and joined in once we got past the really hard rap part.