This Is Halloween

*Timeskip (I got kinda stuck after the last chapter) to after tour*

Ryleigh
Tour was amazing. We didn't have any problems the rest of tour asides from dozens of pranks and Frank's guitar string breaking on stage. He sat down and pouted the rest of the song while I made my way out to cheers. I hugged him and handed him a new string. Gerard laughed and stalled the crowd so he could restring the guitar.

I took turns staying on different buses one night every week for the rest of tour. Dad made sure I never went anywhere alone. The thought that they, whoever they were, were coming for me soon never faded from my mind.

Tour ended sadly. The guys have come around some since tour ended. I was still worried about dad and Dallon. Things seemed off but they were about to start working on the new album. People reacted great to Far Too Young To Die. School started a month ago. I missed three of those weeks since tour was delayed and my "jetlag".

Now I had to get caught up on work which wasn't too hard since most of my teachers heard about the incident on tour and let it slide. It was lunch time so I followed Emily to the cafeteria. I was going to be 14 years old on March 22nd.

Less than a year, it was crazy to think that I had lived with my band family for over a year now. Some year it was, too. "Hello? Earth to Ryleigh,"Emily said. "Huh?"I asked. "You looked a little deer in the headlights,"she whispered. I nodded. "Just thinking,"I replied. I began to zone out again. "How about going trick or treating?"Charlie blurted out loudly.

Emily waved a hand in front of my face to get my attention. I was so spacey today. I still hadn't told them everything. I knew I needed to but I wanted to move past my nightmares first.

"Sure,"Melissa said. "I'm down,"Adam said. Emily looked to me. I shrugged. "We're in,"Emily said. "Wanna meet at your house, Ryleigh?"Adam said. His cheeks had that perfect pinkish tint again and he's green eyes looked alive and playful. He's been acting strange around me and I think it's because he likes me but I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. "Sure, just let me ask my dad,"I said and pulled my phone out.

Ryleigh: "Hey, dad, my friends wanted to meet at our house before we go trick or treating, is that okay?"

Brendad💞: "It's okay with me. Don't forget about the party at 'Trick's. You don't have to go but I dunno if you wanna be home alone that long. It's hard to tell when we'll get home."

Ryleigh: "Okay. Thx, dad. Love you!"

Brendad💞: "love you, too, Leigh!"

I exited that chat. "He said it's cool with him but they have a party at 'Trick's,"I interrupted. "Okay, cool,"Adam spoke up first and blushed a brilliant red. My classes passed by pretty quickly the rest of the day. Music was by far my favorite so far. We haven't gotten too far in but they want a guest speaker and we're gonna have a big performance with different groups.

I left school in a good mood as I walked to dad's car. I got some glares and dirty looks from some girls around me. Whatever. "Hey, how was school?"dad asked. "Not horrible for once,"I said and sighed as I put my seatbelt on. Dad took a detour at my request to find a costume.

I found the perfect one. It was a Jack Skullington onesie from The Nightmare Before Christmas. I had a pair of black combat boots to go with it. Mom did my makeup when I got home and I put on the boots and onesie. They insisted on pictures. I had them take one with my phone and made it my lockscreen.

I posted it to Twitter and Instagram:

@ryrowanurie two of the most important people to spend Halloween with @hellosarahurie @brendonurie xoxo much love to you two

I turned my phone off then because I knew I would be drowning in notifications. That was a normal thing when you're famous. My friends arrived and then we were off on our adventure while mom and dad climbed into the car to go to Patrick's. "You have your phone, right?"Mom called after me. I held it up in the air. "Love you, Ry. See you later,"Mom called. "Love you, too,"I shouted.

We walked a few blocks and collected some candy. We were about to turn a corner when some guy grabbed me. This is what I was afraid of. I needed to protect my friends, I knew this was coming after all. I slumped against my attacker and gave up as they put a cloth full of chloroform against my mouth and nose. I blacked out to the screams of my friends.

Adam (new POV, bet you weren't expecting that)

I was so glad when Ryleigh agreed to come with us. She's been kinda spacey lately and we didn't see her for a few months. I wasn't sure of the reason but I was sure she would tell us when she was ready. I liked her a lot. We met at her house and began our walk around the neighborhood. She looked so good in that costume.

I couldn't focus or take my eyes off of her for awhile. It was just starting to get dark as we turned a corner. A guy grabbed Ryleigh and held her against him. I watched her struggle for a brief second in frozen shock and then she gave up.

Someone screamed but I wasn't sure if it was Emily, Melissa, or Charlie. Ryleigh slumped against him and he put a cloth over her mouth and nose. She blacked out pretty quickly. The guy was trying to adjust her dead weight when I ran behind him and pulled him back with surprising strength.

"Wha---?"he asked as he turned around in shock. He dropped Ryleigh. I managed to punch the guy's jaw a few times and knocked him out. I picked the unconscious Ryleigh up in my arms and ran to the one place we'd be safe. My house.

The girls ran behind me. My arms ached and I couldn't breathe but I kept going. Emily had pulled out her phone to call Brendon. Charlie had called 911 on the guy as soon as she realized what was happening but I didn't want to stick around in case he gained consciousness before then.

She was breathing hard but used to the running since she ran track. Only one more block. Almost there. She called a few times. The final time, her eyes lit up. "Brendon. Hey, yeah. We have a problem. We were turning a street corner and some guy grabbed Ryleigh,"Emily said quickly. "No, she's currently unconscious. I think he used chloroform. She's alive though. We're running to Adam's house,"she relayed.

"Adam, what's your address?"she asked and relayed it to Brendon. She hung up. "He's on his way,"Emily said. The only thing I could think of as we reached my house was that she didn't even fight.