Numb

Ryleigh
"What? Take you back? Ryleigh, we would never do that. We love you. I didn't mean it, I was stressed and I took it out on you, I'm sorry,"Dad spoke. Tyler was standing behind us now and heard the whole encounter. I looked at Tyler. He nodded at me. "It's okay, I love you, too,"I said. "Let's go home,"Dad said. I nodded. "Thanks so much, man, we'll see you soon,"Dad said. I turned and ran to Tyler.

"Thank you,"I said. "For what?"he asked. "Everything. Keeping me safe last night. Who knows what would've happened if I stayed out there all night,"I said, hugging him tightly. "I'll see you in a few days,"Tyler said. I nodded and released him from the hug. I hugged Jenna and then we were in the car. Mom was asleep, she didn't sleep at all last night. Dad told me he could barely sleep either. They were both so worried about finding me.

Dad pulled into the driveway. After all the emotions I'd been feeling, I suddenly felt numb to my core. "You okay? You're really quiet,"Dad asked as he turned off the car. "Yeah, fine. Just tired,"I answered too quickly. He raised his eyebrows and I offered a smile. We went inside and I went straight to my room to shower. I took my time and stood in the steam that was building. It felt so good, I wanted to cry but I couldn't.

I hoped Dallon was alright, I hadn't heard from him in a couple days and no one said when tour was restarting. I stepped out into my room and changed into a loose baseball t-shirt and a pair of sweats. I laid on my bed and shoved earbuds in. I listened to some demos that Tyler, Gerard, Pete, Patrick, and Frank sent me. They weren't released yet but I need to hear their voices today. I was just starting the first one when I fell asleep.

*********

"Ryleigh!"someone yelled outside my door the next morning. They knocked gently but loudly. I couldn't quite decipher who it was in my half sleep. I groaned and rolled over. I pulled a pillow tightly over my head. Sometime in the night my earbuds fell out. "Ryleigh! Get up! It's after 12!"the voice yelled outside my door and jiggled the handle. I must've locked it last night. I was drifting off again.

"They have big news you wanna hear. Dallon's here!"they shouted. That got me up. I jumped out of bed and brushed past the person in a blur of movement. I was downstairs before he could tell it was me. "Dallon!"I yelled and hugged him tightly. "Ryleigh!"he said and hugged me back. "I missed you,"I said. "I miss you, too, kiddo. You're welcome over anytime,"he said.

I took a moment then to glance behind me. Gerard was there. Frank, Ray, Mikey, Tyler, and Josh were on the couch. Fall Out Boy was missing. Mike and Dan were here, too.

I took a moment then to process what Gerard said. Big news? Is it about tour? Finally, I wanna go again before school starts. I looked at Dad puzzled. He grinned but wouldn't give anything away. The doorbell rang and Fall Out Boy came in. Pete carried a couple of pizzas that he set on the kitchen bar. I looked really confused now.

"I bet you all know what this is about. Tour is back on, I've called All Time Low already. We leave in two days,"Dad said and looked at me. My mouth was hanging open in shock then I ran to him and hugged him. "Thank you, thank you, thank you,"I repeated to his chest. I hugged Dallon next. He hugged me back. I knew he had to be anxious but we would all get through it.

Those two days past by quickly in a flurry of activity. The guys planned out what was going to happen and the setlist. Dad wanted to add Far Too Young To Die even if it wasn't an official song yet. I was busy packing and helping mom buy snacks. She was coming along. Bogart and Penny Lane were going to be staying with Linda and Spencer. Tyler was the one to wake me this time.

At least I was already packed. It was just after 3 in the morning and we were already a few minutes behind. I stumbled sleepily onto the bus and fell asleep in my bunk.

I woke up around lunch time. I forgot where I was and sat up too quickly. I hit my head on the roof of my bunk. "Ow!"I yelled and rubbed my forehead. I went to roll over and fell on the floor. There was a loud thump heard throughout the bus.

"Ryleigh, are you okay back there?"Dallon shouted. "Ymmh!"came my muffled reply. Dad pulled aside the curtain at the door and I looked up at him. He took in the scene and laughed. I rolled over to sit up and rubbed my elbow. I winced. That would bruise later. I glared at him. He looked at me and stopped laughing.

"I'm sorry, Ry. Are you okay?"he asked. I nodded. I couldn't stay mad at him long but I must be getting better at this glare thing. He reached down a hand to pull me up. Everyone else was crowded around the table to eat. I sat next to them and grabbed a bowl of cereal. "Cereal, really?"Dallon asked and raised an eyebrow. "Yup,"I chirped happily which caused us all to laugh.

"How long until we get to the venue?"I asked as I shoveled cereal into my mouth. "I'm not sure, soon. You should probably get dressed,"Dad replied while looking at his phone. I sat there another minute in a tense silence. Maybe it was just me but things seemed strained between Dad and Dallon. I went back to the bunk area and pulled the curtain closed to change. The weird thing was, I wasn't even nervous. This would be the best show, yet. I could feel that.