Disenchanted

Ryleigh
I tried to be patient and tried to not panic while I waited for Frank to pick me up. I didn't want dad to know. I was going to go to the prison. I had to find out what the hell that guy wanted with me. I climbed in his car as soon as he pulled up to the curb. "Where are we headed?"he asked and looked out the opposite window. "To the prison,"I said. "What? Why? Does Brendon know?"he asked. I shook my head no.

"I need to know what that guy wanted with me. I need answers, you aren't going to tell Brendon about this. He doesn't need to know,"I said. Frank looked at me and shook his head. "Please, Frank. Dallon could've died because of me and that guy. Let me know what he wanted,"I pleaded and felt tears welling. I wasn't sure if they were real or not but figured they could get what I wanted all the same. "Fine. But you have to tell Brendon when we get back,"he said. I nodded and he pulled back onto the road.

I was so nervous. Nothing bad could happen there though, could it? I let out a deep breath as he parked. "You ready? You don't have to do this,"Frank said. I nodded. "Yeah, I do,"I whispered. We walked in together. "Hello, how can I help you?"the woman officer at the front asked as she stood. "I'm Ryleigh Urie. My friend Dallon Weekes was just shot by a man who tried to kidnap me. I need to speak with the kidnapper please,"I said. She looked at me with wide eyes.

"Please,"I begged. She gave us both a glance over. "You may as well for a few minutes. We haven't been able to get anything out of him,"she said and motioned for us to follow her. She pointed me into an interrogation room where I sat in a chair.

"You want me to stay in here with you?"Frank asked. I shook my head no. He looked hurt but if this was something bad it was better he doesn't know. He walked back out and stood by the glass window. He could see me but not hear me.

The officer returned and sat the guy in the chair across from me. He was cuffed and couldn't move from the chair. I nodded and the officer joined Frank outside the door. He studied me with an odd smile on his face. "You returned, Ryleigh,"he said creepily. "What the hell do you want with me? Who are you?"I asked firmly.

I didn't let my voice waver. I was tired of being the scared victim. It was time to take back my life. I was pissed that, because of this man, Dallon may not make it. "I'm just doing what I was told. I'm not sure of their use for you yet. I'm no one to worry your pretty little mind about. They're the ones to worry about. When they get you, you'll wish I had first,"he sneered.

"Who are they? You aren't making sense. When are they coming?"I asked. "Soon. They're coming soon,"he said. I kept pressing for answers but he wouldn't give them. "Times almost up. It's best for you to keep quiet or you'll hurt and kill them all. No one can protect you now,"he said.

All I got from that was that someone was after me and they were coming soon. No one could protect me and if I said anything then everyone I care about will get hurt or killed. Better make the best of the time I have left.

"Okay, time to go,"the officer came back in and took the guy away. Frank stood in the doorway. I diverted my gaze. "Did you find out anything?"the officer asked. I shook my head no. She nodded as if this was expected and led us out. "Did you learn anything, Ry?"he asked with a worried gleam in his eyes. I shook my head no.

I hated lying to them but it was better that they didn't know. It would be my little secret. Frank drove me back to the hospital. As soon as we walked through the doors, I was enveloped in a tight hug. "Oh, thank God you're okay,"Dad's voice said as he hugged me. I hugged him back. Frank kept staring at me. I shook my head no.

We went back upstairs. Breezy came out crying. I stopped and froze. "Breezy, is everything okay?"dad asked as he hugged her. "Yeah, Dallon's awake,"she said.

Dallon
I couldn't breathe. Everything has been black. I worried over Ryleigh and the others. I was hoping she was okay. I heard my wife talking to me and I wondered whether or not I was dead. There was a really annoying beeping noise. I must be in a hospital. I forced my eyes slowly open. "Oh, thank god,"my wife said.

Her eyes were red rimmed and I knew she must have been crying for however long I've been out. There was oxygen tubes in my nose and a discomfort in my side. I pulled the gown up a bit and saw a chest tube. Damn, it must've been worse than I thought. I was wrapped in thick bandages.

"Where's Ryleigh? I have to know she's okay,"I choked out. My voice was super breathy and raspy. "I dunno. I'll go find her,"Breezy said and stood as she fled my hospital room. I was slightly elevated and took time to examine the small room with it's white walls.

Ryleigh
I was starting to panic when I saw Breezy running towards us, crying. I froze as I tried to digest what she told dad. Dallon's awake. He's okay. I fell to my knees and started to cry. A sob escaped my lips. He was okay. Breezy knelt down to my level. She pulled me in and I cried on her shoulder while she cried into mine. "Shh! Ryleigh, it's okay. He's okay,"she soothed.

Dad went to tell the others the news and Frank was standing awkwardly behind me and Breezy. I kept crying. It was worse than crying because of the big, ugly sobs. I couldn't breathe. I calmed down a little bit. She rubbed my back. "He wants to see you and know you're okay. Whenever you're ready,"she whispered. I nodded and let her pull me up.

I was shaking so hard. Frank pulled me into his side and rubbed my arm. Breezy led the way back to his room as I wrapped my arms around Frank to keep myself steady. I was nervous. He has to hate me. I'm the reason for this. They all should hate me. I'm a terrible person and I'm the reason all of this terrible shit keeps happening to us. More than ever, I wished I was dead because I knew we all would be better off.