18

Y/n pov

3 hours later

"Goodnight y/n." Carlisle says, looking up from his book. Jasper says the same thing as well.

"Goodnight. Thanks again for letting me stay here with you guys. You all really didn't have to." I say my voice dripping with hesitation. My back was screaming again the pain gradually growing and spreading around my back. My head was throbbing as well. I was still smiling. Edward gave me a cautious smile.

"Darling you are family." Esme says. Rosalie nods agreeing with her. "Sleep dreams honey." Esme calls to me as I turn to walk up the stairs.

Walking up the stairs I stop for a brief second putting a hand on my back. Starting to walk again I turn and open the door to my room. I close the door, tears start lining the edges of my eyes.

I barley made it to the bed before I collapsed not able to move my body. Tears now stained the sheets.

A small, quiet sob comes out of my throat. It hurts.

The pain was blazing, feeling like all my bones were being broken and sown back together at the same time. My head was still throbbing. It was throbbing in the back of my head. I just wanted to break open my skull.

I managed to curl up in the fetal position. My back arched, easing the pain a little. But not enough. Tears were still falling down my face.

I release another sob.

Why now? I think to my self, even my mind sounded like it was crying. I tried to keep my thoughts quiet so Edward wouldn't hear me. My head was throbbing louder, the pulse was all I could hear.

My sobs became louder. I tried to hush them. It didn't really work.

I could barely make out the knock at my door. My glossy eyes make out the photo of David and Sammy on my bedside table. Now silent tears were all that was staining my face and my pillow.

The door opens. "Edward said you were in a little pain." Jasper says from behind me. He walks over to me, closing the door in the process.

He notices my tears.

"Y/n." He says his face and voice was full of concern. "Baby what wrong."

"Jas..." I start saying but I couldn't even make out his name completely before my back has another burst of even sharper pain. My loud sobs start again.

He hugs me. The coldness of his body that would normally help did nothing. "Does the cold help?" He asks. I nod no and he sighs looking at me. "I'm gonna go get Carlisle." He says disappearing out of the room.

In a split second he is back with Carlisle. Jasper is at my side first, Carlisle in tow. "Y/n." Carlisle  says, kneeling down so we are eye level. "How much pain are you in."

I try to answer him, but all that come out are full, loud sobs. I feel like I'm being stabed. Jasper's hand moves to my forehead. My hand holds it there.

"Jasper. Do you know where she is hurting."

"I don-" he gets interrupted.

"Her head is pounding. However her back feels like she is being stabbed." Edward says from the doorway looking at me. "Her whole back." Edward says looking at Carlisle before he could ask anything.

Jasper moves his hand off my forehead. He still lets me hold it. I try focus on his hand, squeezing it as another sharp pain spreads through my body. Carlisle starts to gently touch my back lifting up my shirt to see if there is any physical damage. "Nothing." He mutters.

Jasper gasps. "What happened to her." He mutters I could barely hear it.

Another sob breaks out of my chest. I was going to tell you. I wanted to tell you. I could never find an opportunity to say it. Edward conveys this to Jasper. Carlisle explains that I used to be abused. Jasper gives my hand a small squeeze.

The pain dulls down and I give a small whimper causing Carlisle, Jasper, and Edwards eyes to look at me again.

The pain subsides down even more. My headache now a smaller throb. "I'm fine." I get out before my eyes start drifting shut. This happens a lot. Just give it time. It subsides. Edward whispers what I just thought to Carlisle and Jasper. Carlisle nods and Jasper squeezes my hand lightly again.

"I'm going to get you some pain meds okay?" Carlisle says. I lightly nod not really moving my head. My headache grows again the pain like before. At least it's not my back. I think to myself forgetting Edward was still here.

Carlisle comes back with some medication and a glass of water. Jasper and Carlisle work on getting me to sit up, as painlessly as they could. Carlisle hands me the meds. I swallow them dry, then take a glass of water. They ease my back onto my side, so I was laying down on the bed. I curl back into the fetal position, not wanting to move again.

"Try to get some sleep okay? We'll talk about your bursts of pain tomorrow." Carlisle says looking at me. I nod. Carlisle and Edward leave. Jasper starts to, but I reach a hand up to his arm.

"Please stay." I whisper.

"I will." He says, crawling into the other side of the bed. He puts one hand on my forehead, the other was around my waist holding my hand. My eyes start to drift shut.

"Night y/n." He says in a soothing voice.

I was all ready asleep.