28

Y/n pov

We reach the stream. Carlisle and Jasper keep across, I stare at them then realize I need to jump as well. My legs darted forward, then left the ground.

I let out a thrilling yell as I launched myself into the air. I giggled as my hands hit the snow covered trees. Snow fell, as my hand smacked into the wood. Carlisle and Jasper started laughing, even as I landed next to them. "This is so fun." I squeal.

Then I smell a really strong, delicious smell.

The others notice it as well.

"It's a human." Jasper says.

"We have barely passed our house." Carlisle says, then turns around and looks at me.

I sniff the air. The smell made my throat burn, made me want to launch for the human.

But I can't.

I slowly back up. "I have to get out of here." I say covering my mouth with my hand. I hold my breath then run away in the opposite direction. As soon as I come across an animal, and I am far away from the human is when I stop running.

"Why did you not attack them?" Carlisle asks after I polish off a deer.

"They has a family." I start. "They have a life, might have kids. I can't take them away from that. They have people that they care for, and people who return the feeling." I look down. "I wanted the humans blood, but I just couldn't let myself do that. How could I live with myself knowing I murdered someone's child, or someone's parent?"

My hands dropped to my sides.

"I'm proud of you y/n." Carlisle says.

Jasper hugs me. "You are already doing so much better then any other newborn. Even Bella." He looks at Carlisle. "Didn't she almost attack Edward when she came across a human?"

Carlisle nods.

"Really?" I asked astonished. "But you all said she was so good for a new born."

"We did." Jasper said.

"But, when Bella smelled the hiker she wanted to go after it. When Edward told her to stop, she growled at him. When she realized what she had done, she held her breath and ran away. Much like what you just did Y/n." Carlisle explained.

I nod taking it all in.

My throat still burned. "Lets go hunt some more." I say my voice cautious. "But what if we run into anymore humans?" I say. They could trace the worry in my voice.

"We will make sure you don't attack them." Jasper says, making my nerves calmer.

Carlisle nods. "Now let's go this way. I smell some mountain lion."