Chapter Seventy : The Girl's Santa

Third Person's POV [Logan's POV]

Logan adjusted his costume, took a deep breath and barged in through the door. "Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas!"

A deafening silence followed and in his head crickets chirped at a distance. Everyone in the room- Joy's mum, dad, Shaun, Gemma and grandpa's eyes darted from him to Joy bemusedly. Logan awkwardly tugged at his fluffy, red sleeves, wanting for the floor to open and swallow him whole.

Finally, Joy's mother cut through the silence, "Oh my God, it's Santa!"

Everyone broke into a wild cheer, grabbing Logan and patting him on the back. Logan's cheeks flushed in embarrassment as he shyly glanced at Joy. She was wide awake, laid on bed with blankets draped over her and an impish smile slowly formed on her dry lips.

When he had walked in this place, the nurse Jasmine had winked at him. Joy had made it.

Logan shuffled closer to her when she beckoned him towards her. He leaned down and she rasped, "You're the skinniest Santa with the biggest heart I have ever seen." He chuckled softly and kissed her smooth forehead. "Santa, your beard is-is tickling me."

"I'm sorry." He grinned mischievously at her, feeling the opposite of sorry. He swayed his beard over her face, tickling her all over until she smiled broadly and clutched the hem of his red jacket. "You're Santa's favourite person Joy."

"Naughty, naughty Santa!" There was a sudden, jeering voice behind them and Logan whirled around. There stood Jamal ridiculously clad in the shortest white miniskirt and the tightest red tubetop. His feet were sunken deep in thigh-high red boots with pointed heals and his lips were painted a seductive red.

"Why are you dressed like this?" Joy's mum asked aghast and Jamal smirked crassly.

He pulled Logan by his waist and smacked his red lips on his cheeks. "I'm Santa's hoe hoe hoe!"

Logan jerked from his touch and rubbed his cheek furiously in disgust.

Jamal showed mock hurt and whined, "I didn't find a Santa costume, all were sold out! I had no choice! I wanted to do something for our girl here!"

"I love your outfit Jamie," Joy whispered, watching him in amusement and content.

"Thank you Blondie," he said and sassily flipped his fake, long golden hair. The wig tumbled down from his head and he blinked cluelessly. "Ah shit."

Joy's mum tiredly bent down and handed him the wig.

Jamal fixed his wig and strutted to Gemma. "Merry Christmas baby girl."

"Merry Christmas," she said in a daze and impulsively poked at his cotton stuffed boobs. Her mum glared at her from across the room and she blushed hotly, retracting her hand back like those boobs were on fire.

Jamal, oblivious to her mum's disapproval, pushed his fake boobs up and puckered his lips. "Feel it baby."

Next moment, Gemma was protectively shielded behind her mum who threatened to throw Jamal out.

Shaun dragged a terrified Jamal to the other side and asked Logan partly in awe, "How did you find the Santa costume anyway flowerboy? I searched for it too."

Logan shrugged nonchalantly, taking a glimpse of a delighted Joy. He had scoured online thoroughly until he found three leftover costumes in an online store, caught the earliest morning bus, travelled through three towns and bought it directly from the main office. Seeing Joy's happiness, it was worth every effort.

"This is a lovely Christmas, isn't it?" Joy's dad said playfully and everyone smiled in response except for grandpa who grunted. "Great, merry Christmas everyone! Let the celebration begin!"