Neighbours

Your POV 

I grabbed my lighter and cigarettes off of the kitchen countertop and made my way out of my back door. My stupid landlord said I couldn't smoke in the house and well it was the only decent house in my price range in this area so I bought it. 

I flung my back door open and stepped out into the cool air of the evening. I noticed my neighbour sat on his back doorsteps, unlit cigarette in his hand. We haven't really spoken before. I wanted to speak to him, he seemed nice.

I stood, looking out into the evening roads, on the steps and pulled out a cigarette. I placed it between my lips and grabbed my lighter, lighting up the cigarette. Breathing in the chemicals, I heard my neighbour let out a huff.
"Are you ok?" I breathed out the smoke and looked down, making eye contact with the blue-eyed boy.
"Yo you scared the life out of me." He laughed, "My lighter isn't working."
"Ah damn sorry and here ya go." I chucked him my lighter and he caught it in one hand.
"Thanks." He replied, lighting up his cigarette and standing up.

"Here." He smiled, passing the lighter back, "We haven't really spoke before yo. I'm Jesse."
"I'm Y/N." I smiled.
"Ah beautiful name for a beautiful face." He smirked and I giggled lightly.
"Damn flirting already are we?" I grinned.
"Yo I'm just being honest doll." He replied and my cheeks flushed a bright red.
Him calling me that name set butterflies off in my stomach. I mean I hardly knew this guy but somehow he did this to me. 

"Yo Y/N, if your free tomorrow, maybe you wanna like I don't know...Hang out around mine." He dropped his cigarette on the floor, stomping on it.
"I would love too." I smiled.
"Well, goodnight." He smiled, walking into his house.
"Goodnight." I replied, sitting down on the steps outside my door.