Oblivious

Your POV 

I rolled my eyes, watching Jesse as he flirted with another random girl.
"You need to tell him how you feel." Badger smiled, sympathetically.
"What's the point!" I half-laughed, "I'll get over it eventually."
"Y/N, you've liked him for god knows how many years...If you were gonna get over him you would've by now." Badger replied and I rolled my eyes.
"Why are you always right!" I sighed.

I took a large gulp of the mixed drink in my cup and looked towards Jesse. There he stood eating the face-off of the random girl he was speaking to just moments before. My heart shattered and I began to tear up. I downed my drink quickly and made my way out of the party, not looking back. I couldn't sit there and watch him do that. I always knew I had no chance but actually seeing it made it feel real.

I sat on the wall outside of the house I was at for the house party, letting my legs dangle below. I covered my face with my hands and finally let the tears roll down. I sobbed into my sleeve, letting out light sniffles.

After a few moments, I felt someone's presence beside me and I felt someone pull me into a tight embrace. Without even opening my eyes, I knew who it was and I wrapped my arms tightly around their neck. I breathed in their scent and somehow it calmed me. I mean they were the reason I was crying but for some unknown reason them being there calmed me down.
"Hey hey shhhh." Jesse rubbed my back and I wiped my eyes.
"I'm good aha." I coughed, "Sorry."
"You shouldn't be the one who is sorry." He sighed.
"What do you mean?" I looked up, making eye contact with him.
"Badger told me Y/N...Look don't get angry yo just please listen." Jesse placed his hands on top of mine, on my lap, "I like you okay, in fact scrap that I think I love you. I can't believe I was so oblivious to your feelings. I never thought I had a chance with you so I just decided to try to move on yo. But I don't want to move on. I don't want someone new, I want you!"

With that, Jesse placed his hand on my cheek and pulled me in for a kiss. Our lips moved in sync and I smiled into the kiss.

I don't remember much else due to the alcohol but I woke up wrapped in his arms with a huge smile on my face.