Fourteen

Fourteen: Disaster Date

While I expected the car ride to be awkward and uncomfortable having Will here, it actually wasn't. Will and Tyler had formed a friendship bonding over sports like typical men. Will's love for hockey and Tyler's love for football were big topics in the car, and I loved seeing Tyler talk about something he was passionate about.

We had just arrived at the restaurant, and I was shocked to see we were at Oliver's. Fine dining was never my thing, mostly because of the price. Oliver's was a treat for me. I had went once with my family after my college graduation, and once before that for my mothers birthday.

"I hope you don't expect me to pay for you," I hear Will say to Haley as we get out of the car.

"With the amount of money in your wallet I'm probably going to be paying for both of us," Haley snaps back at him.

Tyler hands the keys to the man behind the podium and signs in, letting the valet taking his car. Once the keys leave his hand, he immediately grabs my hand and leads me inside.

When we walk in, I'm surprised to see how much it had changed since my last visit. It had become even more fancier, if that were possible.

The rooms divided into different parts, yet everything is still open to each other. The middle of the room had a U shaped bar with plenty of people gathered around it. The back wall of the bar was covered in an arrangement of different alcohols, most of which I had never heard of.

The next section of the room was squared off with half walls, separating it from the outer edges. In this section, high top tables were spread out, having three to four bar stools around it. Like the bar, just about every table was taken by somebody.

Most people came to Oliver's to drink. It wasn't a bar, but the people of Madisonville loved to have a drink after work. Whether it was at Joeli's cheap sports bar or Oliver's high end bar, a drink after work was common.

The last section of the room was lined with tables and booths. This was part of the dining section. I knew there was another section that was specifically dining and separated from the loudness of the bar area, but I've always sat close to the bar area.

"Mr. Watson, a pleasure to see you," our hostess says to Tyler, giving him a wide smile.

I fixate my eyes on her. She was average height with a thicker build. Her blonde hair is in a tight bun on the top of her hair and her black hostess dress is a long sleeve, black skater dress. The dress does nothing to highlight the dark brown eyes she has, but it's a nice dress.

The first thing I notice about her is how pretty she is.

"Pleasure to see you, Avery," he says back to her, matching the same caring tone she has.

I stepped closer to Tyler, my body pressing against his sides. She notices me, but her smile never changes.

How do they know each other?

"I don't see your name on the reservation list," she says, looking at the computer screen in front of her.

"It's under Sparks," he says, speaking Haley's last name.

"My apologies," Avery says, her cheeks turning red.

Avery types on her on the keyboard of the computer and seconds later she's leading us through the restaurant, towards the back where the dining area is. She then directs us to a table towards the back, leaving us with out menus before heading back to the host stand.