Seventeen

Seventeen: Keep Me Safe

Driving along the long stretch of Tyler's driveway, I was shocked to see all the cars parked. There had to be at least five cars that I knew didn't belong to Tyler. Each of the five were black and similar in model, confusing me even more.

Who are all these people?

It's Wednesday and usually on Wednesday I didn't get to see Tyler. Week days were always busy for the both of us. But after Jace cancelled our gym session and Haley told me she was going out to dinner with Evan, I figured it would be nice to surprise Tyler.

I figured that it being six in the evening he wouldn't be busy, but the cars in his drive way told me otherwise.

Should I just go home?

Would he even want to see me?

I park my car in front of the garage door. It was the only spot that was open and if Tyler had to leave for whatever reason, I would leave too. I didn't want to block any of these people in.

I turn the car engine off and open the door, the winter air hitting my skin. Thankfully, it wasn't too cold out tonight and I thought it would be nice to take Tyler out for dinner this time.

Stepping out the car, I tug at my skirt, pulling it down to cover more of my thigh. Maybe wearing a mini skirt wasn't the best idea, but it paired well with the black thigh high boots I am wearing. Tucked into the black skirt is a thin, cream colored sweater with sleeves that flare out at the end.

I just straightened my hair and did just a subtle amount of makeup, besides my lips, which were a dark wine color.

Overall, I looked pretty hot.

My heels clicked as I walked across the concrete of Tyler's drive way and onto the pathway that led to his front porch.

When I reach his porch, I'm greeted with three men. Each of them were wearing the same black tux with white gloves and a black captains hat.

When I stepped up the few steps that led to Tyler's porch, they all stood abruptly, blocking me from getting inside.

What the hell is going on?

"I'm sorry, ma'am," one of them, a tall, lanky man says to me.

I could easily take him.

"It's boss' order to now allow any guests at this time," another says.

I probably couldn't take this one. He was heavier set, but shorter than the other. The last one is average build and average height.

Why do I feel like I'm looking at the three stooges?

"Tyler?" I ask when he refers to his boss.

The three of them laugh at my question, only pissing me of even more.

"No, not Mr. Watson. Mr. Addington," chubby tells me.

"But this is Tyler's house," I argue back.

"Doesn't matter whose house it is. Boss says no, so no," lanky replies.

He looked smug, a smirk appearing on his face after telling me no. He acted as if I never had been told no and he was 'putting me in my place.' I could smack the smirk off of him real quick if I wanted to.

"Then I'll wait," I say, sitting down on the step to his porch.

I could hear their snickers from behind me, but I refused to be bothered by it.