Thirty-Four

Thirty-Four: Numb Me

      Jace's hands grip down on my thighs, keeping me stable on top of him. I spread my legs wider so that the weight of my body is on my knees instead of on Jace. Reaching my hands back, I pull the elastic band out of my hair, letting the wavy locks of hair fall loosely over my bare shoulders.

      Jace bites down on his lip, looking up at me from his laying down position. He is looking at me with so much admiration and need.

       I wish I could look at him with the same feelings.

       "You didn't cry last night," Jace comments. "That's a week straight."

        Finally. A week straight without crying at night. Add that to the month and a half that I have been crying and maybe a week without crying would seem normal.

       "Making process," I sigh as I get off of Jace and sit beside him on the bed.

       "Hey," he whispers, grabbing ahold of my hand. "You'll get there eventually," he assures me.

       Eventually.

       "I need to get ready for work," I tell him, letting go of his hand.

       He reaches for it again and pulls me back, making me tip over and fall on top of his bare chest. He grabs ahold of my face and kisses my lips.

      "We still on for lunch?" He asks me after he breaks away from the kiss.

      I smile and nod as I stand up from the bed and go to the closet, ready to put on my work outfit.

      "I could never get tired of waking up to you," Jace says from behind me.

       I hear him shuffle around behind me as I button my top up and I know he is getting dressed himself. The rattle of his belt buckle sounds and I hear the zip of his zipper before the belt sounds seize.

Just as I finish buttoning my blouse, Jace wraps his arms around my waist and presses a kiss onto my neck.

"Jace," I say, drawing out the ending of his name. "I can't be late. I have a meeting today," I remind him.

"I'm sorry," he pouts, dropping his arms from my waist.

I immediately feel bad and turn to face him. I peck his lips and he smiles, feeling a bit better from my affection.

The both of us finish dressing and I lead us out of my bedroom and into the living room.

       When I walk in, I spot Haley doing her morning yoga in the middle of the living room. Instead of morning gym sessions, she has taken it upon herself to do home yoga instead. She even went as far as buying different colored yoga mats to match with whatever attire she's wearing for that session.

      I'm just proud of her for doing something to physically and mentally help her cope with things, meanwhile I've put all my coping into Jace.

      I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for Jace. He has been helpful and comforting this past month and a half. It's different than the Jace I'm used to.

This Jace isn't afraid to show me that he loves me.

Haley unbends from here twisted up position and pauses her yoga video that she had been following along with. When she spots me, still wearing my clothes from last night she sighs.

"Oh, Jace. You're here again," Haley comments

Here we go again.

"Hello, Haley," Jace says to her