Stitch Mother's Heart

Halloween was your favourite time of the year

Down on the little island of Hawaii, you had moved back to be with your family. Not alone, no. There was someone special that had come all the way from wee little denmark to be with you.

"No."

Ivar was stubbornly sitting on your shared couch in a lone black t-shirt, a few sizes too small like he liked. Your bare feet were in his lap where you sat teasing the freshly made pajamas.

"It's Halloween Ivar!" You complain. "And I just finished it."

"I said no." Ivar grunts, flipping the play button on a new show. There was no way he was squeezing his legs into that grown up onesie pajamas. Even if they looked comfortable and warm.

"So we can send a post to your mother for Halloween!"

Ivar groans– the tell-tale way you always got him. Aslaug was hours ahead probably lamenting about the fact that her favourite son had abandoned her for a piece of well baked thighs in tiny khaki shorts. She liked you. She had to for him to move clear across the world. Your stare breaks an annoyed sigh off of his lips after some time. Mother would want to see him.

"Fine..." He swipes the blue fabric from your fingers and drags himself into it himself. He flumps back, lost in a mess of blue baggy blanket soft cloth.

"You happy?" He grumbles. You slip off his lap, pulling the hood complete with oh so scary little teeth and floppy ears over his head.

"Now I am!" You bounce to your feet, tugging your jean shorts out of your crotch. Ivar grimaces when you bounce back onto his lap, snatching his phone.

"Say hi!" You beam, and Ivar's teeth interlock for a fake little smile before the picture takes. He drops his forehead against his shoulder– knowing mother would ask him about the photo later. A click of your fingers and it would pop up on social media while you snuggle back onto his chest. Ivar reclines back.

"You aren't going to change?" You ask.

"It's comfortable."

And several days later, you really needed to wash that thing.