WAT 3| 83.

Kyla

A hooded figure followed me through the parking lot as I left work. I sped up, unlocking my car doors.

"Stop following me!" I shouted, running to the car door

When I pulled on the door, it wouldn't open. I tried to unlock it again, but my keys fell. By the time I picked them up, the hooded figure was behind me.

"Turn around"

"Please don't hurt me, I have two kids at home and-"

"Shut the fuck up." I could tell by the sound of his voice and his build that it was a man

I don't know where my gun or purse was, but it wasn't in my reach right now, which resulted in me begging instead of shooting his ass.

He took his hood off slowly, revealing his face.

"Mekai?" I gasped

"You thought you could just disappear and I wouldn't find you?" He smirked, pulling a gun from his hip

"I-I-Please don't hurt me."

"Why shouldn't I? You hurt me by leaving."

"Somebody help! Hel-" he shut me up by putting the gun to my neck

"How many kids you say you got? Two?"

"Yes, twins." I showed him a picture of them on my lock screen "Our kids."

If me begging can't soften his heart, maybe the kids can.

"Wow, they're beautiful. They look just like me and you." He looked at the picture with the gun still to my neck

"Yes, I can take you to go see them" I tried to lighten the mood

"I already know the address" Then right after that, the gun went off

I popped up from my bed screaming and sweating. I immediately ran in the twin's room to check on them. A wave a relief washed over me once I saw them still sleeping peacefully.

That peacefulness didn't last long. Kacey's cries filled the room, then shortly after were Kason's.

"Good morning to y'all too." I shook my head and picked them both up in separate arms

Mekai

"We were happy

"We were happy..." I started "Or at least I thought we were."

"I'm listening" My new therapist said, wanting me to continue

"We were about to get married, trying to start a family, things were going good in both of our lives."

"And then?"

"She just left" I shrugged "With no explanation...I guess she didn't really need one though..."

"Is this around the same time you got Bridgett pregnant?" He asked

"Yes, and I knew Kyla would be mad about it considering the fact she couldn't have kids and we were trying at the time. But she made it seem like she was ok. She was the one who told me to get a DNA test."

"Well a lot of times what women say-"

"Isn't always what the mean. Trust me, I know all too well. But Kyla wasn't like that, she spoke her mind if something was bothering her."

"Maybe she was tired of speaking her mind so she just left."

"I don't know...I know I did some messed up shit, but she left without even saying goodbye. I would rather have her argue with me and beat my ass than to just get up and leave."

After Kyla left, my mental health went downhill for a few months. I stopped taking my meds completely and it took a toll on me. When Eric was born, I had to get my shit together, so I found a new therapist and he's been helping me get back on track.

"Everybody keeps telling me they don't know where she's at, but I'm not giving up until I find her." I sighed, explaining to him

"Maybe she doesn't want to be found, maybe she's just taking some time to herself."

"For a year? Come on Doc, her mama don't even know where she's at, that's not safe."

"And you said the police tried to find her?"

"That's what I was told by her best friend." I shrugged "I tried to find her myself, but I don't have the time, so I hired a private detective."

"Mekai, don't you think that's a little too much?"

"Let me ask you this, if your wife snuck off in the middle of the night and you never heard from her again, what would you do?"

"Of course I'd be searching for her." He nodded

"Exactly."

"But Mekai, have you thought about the worst case scenario?"

"What you mean?"

"Like, maybe something happened to her after she left you. Maybe she didn't make it to her new destination."

"You tryna' say maybe somebody got her or she dead? Don't say no shit like that" I stood up

"Woah, calm down." He said "I'm just saying, you have to think about things like that when people go missing."

"Nah" I shook my head, refusing to even think about what he said "Ain't no worst case scenario in this situation. She's alive, she gotta' be."

"Alright, Alright." He raised his hand in surrender "If you find her, what do you plan on doing?"

I stayed quiet for a few, thinking to myself.

"Just to let you know, if it's anything bad, I'll have to report it immediately."

"Nah, it's nothing bad. I just never really thought about it that much." I shrugged "But it depends on what she's doing when I find her."

"If"

"When I find her."

Hmmmm 👀

-Carlisha ❤️