Chapter fifteen: Ellie

Ellie had her attention on the boy sitting beside her. His eyes were glued on Daniel, the kid hadn't said a word and she still didn't know his name. Soon they all scattered around the house trying to find places to sleep, and Gemma had found an old broom and started to sweep the place like they would be staying there for a long time. However, they all knew that they could only stay there at most a couple of days to rest. Ellie turned her attention to the kid, "What's your name?" She asked. He only stared at her with those dark eyes for a long time, before he answered. "Aiden Brown." Ellie found it a little ironic that his last name was Brown. His skin was like roasted coffee beans, almost black, like his eyes.

"Ellie." She looked up and towards the hallway. Joachim stood there, "What?" She asked a little annoyed that he just stood there staring at her. "We need some help." He said. Ellie stared blankly at him "To what?" he leaned against the doorway, "Dunno, I was told to get you." Ellie sighed, "By whom?" her questions seemed to annoy Joachim, which gave her some satisfaction. She did not like the kid and he had to know where he stood in the pack. It shocked Ellie that she was thinking as if they were a pack of wolves. "Does it matter?" He asked. She gave him a look that made him back up a little, "Yes it does matter, because I was in the middle of something." She snapped. "Like what? Fussing over the kid?" Ellie stood up and moved so quickly that Joachim didn't have time to react before she had him pinned against the wall, her lower arm pressed into his throat. She stared into his murky blue eyes, she could see that he clearly knew what she could do and would do if he didn't keep in line.