Chapter sixty-seven: Ellie

"Ellie, we don't have medication to cure a flu. It'll take days before we can get a hold of it because somebody have to leave the camp in order to get it, and even then it's not even certain that they'll come back in time or at all." Stella said frowning at Ellie. "I can be there with you when you tell Timothy." Mary offered gently. Ellie's shoulders slumped as she looked down at the ground. She knew that Stella and Mary was right, but she didn't want Timothy to know that she was pregnant. She knew that he would freak out and do something rash. After all, she was still his little sister and she hadn't yet turned eighteen. There were still two months to go. Ellie turned around as something moved, "What was that?" She asked. Looking around, "Probably nothing, most likely just somebody who needed to get to their shift." Mary said. "But seriously Ellie. You need to tell him. You won't be able to keep it a secret much longer. You're not exactly getting smaller either. Soon you won't be able to hide it with larger sweaters." Stella said seriously lifting up Ellie's shirt to reveal a slightly round belly. "My guess is that you're about four months along." Ellie groaned and let her back hit the wall as she closed her eyes. "I know you're scared of what Timothy will do, but imagine what he'll do if he finds out without you telling him." Mary said.

Ellie knew that things would become worse if she didn't tell him, but she did not want to tell him. She was scared that he would do something to Kim. "Fine." Ellie muttered at last looking at Mary. "But you're going with me." Mary laughed. "I wouldn't miss it for the world. Come on!" She grabbed Ellie by the arm and dragged her away from the small alley where they'd talked. They found Timothy inside frowning at a paper, "Timothy." Mary said when Ellie didn't utter a word. He looked up "What?" Ellie fidgeted with the sleeves of her jacket. Mary rolled her eyes, "Ellie need to tell you something." Timothy looked surprised, but mentioned for them to sit down. Ellie slowly took the seat furthest from Timothy. "I need to be taken off the patrol team." She muttered looking down. Timothy frowned. "Why?" He asked. Ellie made a face and tried to stop herself from moving nervously in her seat, but it was no use and Timothy noticed it. "What is it, did anyone do something to you?" He asked instantly turning into the overprotective brother that she knew all too well. "What? No!" Ellie said quickly shaking her head. "No one's done anything to me." Timothy sat down in his seat again slowly watching Ellie closely. "What is it then?" Ellie gave Mary a panicked look, but Mary mentioned for her to get on with it.

"Ellie, what is it?" Timothy asked again. Ellie could hardly look at him. "I may or may not be pregnant." She mumbled. Looking down at her hands as she wringed them nervously in her lap. "What?" Timothy asked. Ellie cringed and smiled awkwardly at him. "Are you sure?" He asked starting to pace and Ellie frowned. "Tim, I wouldn't be telling you if I weren't sure." She said watching him. "How long?" He asked stopping to look at her. "I don't know, four months maybe." Timothy stared at her, "Four? Four months?" he repeated. Ellie nodded, "Who's the father?" He asked instantly. "Is it Kim?" Ellie stared at him with a mix of horror and amusement. "Fucking hell Ellie! I'll murder him." Timothy growled. Ellie jumped to her feet. "NO!" She cried stopping him from walking out of the room. "Ellie get out of my way." He growled. "No!" Ellie said blocking the way. "Ellie..." Timothy warned. "Tim I'm not letting you hurt him." She said forcing him to back up. Mary stood up too, "He got you pregnant. Pregnant Ellie!" Ellie scowled up at him. "Don't you think I know?" she demanded. "Ellie I'm warning you." Timothy said. "No, I'm warning you. Hurt Kim and I'll murder you. It takes two to make a bloody child." She said. Timothy scowled at her, "Ellie you do realise the risks, don't you?" He asked. "Of course I do! Don't you think I've been worrying about this ever since I started suspect it? I'm scared out of my mind, I don't know what I'll do, I'm afraid that the child won't survive or me for that matter. I did not plan on becoming pregnant, but I chose to do what I did, and I have to live with the consequences." Timothy was silent as he stared at his sister.

Elliehad made up her mind, and she knew that it was her own fault just as much as itwas Kim's that she was in this situation, and she was going to face theconsequences, she couldn't run away or hide. If the world had been normal shecould have signed up for one of those programmes called sixteen and pregnant,not that she would have done it, but it would have been much easier to dealwith than it was now. "Ellie..." Timothy began but she shook her head. "NoTimothy. I'm not letting you, and if you know what's best for you, you betterback off and accept it." She warned. "Ellie listen..." Mary cut him off."Timothy, I think you should listen to Ellie. She knows very well what canhappen, and you can't keep treating her like she's four years old. She saidcrossing her arms across her chest. "Mary stay out of this." Timothy saidglaring at her. Mary narrowed her eyes at him, "No, Ellie's my best friend. Iknow her better than anyone else does, and she can handle all this herself.She's talked to Kim and both of them know. She can take care of herself, youknow that." She said moving closer to Timothy who was glaring at her. "Ellie isnot four anymore. I know you still think she need your protection, butseriously look at her. Just look at her for a moment, think about what she'sdone so far."