Chapter forty-eight: Ellie

Ellie leaned against Kim letting him pull her closer. "How did you get out?" She asked aloud. "We took the car, moved our way out." Cody said looking sullen. "And you were right, it was a trap. When we got out there was somebody waiting for us with guns" Gemma said, "Bubble guns," Kim said. Ellie stared "Bubble guns? You're trying to say that they had guns that shot bubbles?" They nodded, "Not exactly, they shot bubble gum". Anthony and Lewis high fived, "Yeah, we were sort of tired of Michel and Teresa killing people every time they came through the city. You saw the cage before you entered right?" Ellie turned to them and frowned. "Of course we did, it was kind of hard to miss." Stella grunted. "Well Teresa and Michel liked keeping pets. They would shoot you, drag you into the cage and let you be food until you turn. If you ask me they got what they deserved." She said, "Anyone that put up a camp right outside a large city get what they deserve." Kim said.

Ellie listened as they told them about their travels. Much of it wasn't much different from her own. "So you basically just followed her clues?" Stella asked. "Pretty much, we knew it was Ellie who'd made them. There's not many crazy Dolphins running around here." Gemma said. "We did follow them too." Gordon said. He told them about what it was like with Daniel, and how they got out of the town. "You left Daniel?" Kim asked shocked. Not that he minded it. He didn't like him all that much. "Yes, he wasn't exactly a good companion." Stella said snorting. Ellie wasn't all too shocked, so she just shrugged it off and left Joachim and Henrik to tell their tale. "Hang on." Kim said looking at his friends, "You're telling me, us that she jumped from roof to roof, risking to die?" He asked. Ellie pinched his thigh making him jump. "It was either that or go through the city by foot. I'd rather die from falling than being eaten alive on the street." Kim muttered something under his breath and tightened his grip on her.

Ellie glanced over at the twins who were staring obviously at her, whispering with each other. She looked away and tuned out the conversation. "Ellie?" Gemma brought her attention back to what was going on around them. "You look tired. Maybe you should go and sleep in the Auto camper. You could use it." Ellie frowned at Gemma, she wasn't tired not by a long shot, but it seemed like Gemma was suggesting something. "Kim can go with you, so you're not alone." Ellie froze for a moment and reddened, "But..." Gemma shook her head and grinned slyly as if she knew something she didn't. "Go on, get some sleep. I'll wake you up later." Ellie muttered something and got to her feet, luckily the other's wasn't listening and she was able to slip out into the hallway silently. "You're cute when you blush like that." Kim whispered in her ear putting his arms around her waist from behind.

"Um sleep." Ellie said sounding like a fool as she opened the doors to outside. The auto camper was parked just below the stairs. "Come on." Ellie let him pull her after him and into the auto mobile home. It wasn't long after the door shut behind them that Ellie found herself pinned against the wall. She pressed her hands against his chest as she stared up at him, her heart racing against the thoughts in her head. Every single scenario of how this could end up flashed across her mind, most of them leaving Ellie wanting to whimper and just do it. Kim bent down and kissed her again, Ellie couldn't remember somebody who'd ever made her mind turn into goo by just kissing her. None of her exes had done it, sure, they shut her up and left her wanting more, but this felt different. Ellie locked her arms around his neck pulling him closer and locked her legs around his waist as they tumbled through the tiny place.

Ellie felt a mattress press against her back and suddenly she was lying underneath Kim staring up at him breathless. "Do you want to do it?" He asked. Ellie stared at him for a moment, "You don't know how much I've wanted to do this." She whispered pulling his face to hers. She pulled his shirt off and nearly growled as the wetsuit underneath was still there. With quick fingers, she undid the zipper on the back and then pulled off her own outer shirt. She let her fingers run over the smoothness of his skin, enjoying the feeling underneath her fingertips. It was a struggle to get her own wetsuit open, as it didn't want to get off her shoulders. Ellie could feel herself turn a deep red colour as her upper body was exposed. Kim grabbed a hold of her hands before she could hide herself. Ellie had never exactly been confident about her own body. Kim kissed her gently, "You have nothing to be ashamed about." Ellie adverted her eyes, "I, it's just I'm not..." Kim shut her up. "Ellie, you are beautiful. You shouldn't doubt that, even if you have a few scars." He said softly looking into her eyes. Ellie wanted to believe what he said, but she'd been told so many times otherwise. He sighed, "You shouldn't believe whatever other people have told you. They were just jealous because..." Now Ellie shut him up. She tangled her fingers in his hair and pulled him closer.

Ellie's hands had a mind of their own as they helped him get out of his own wetsuit. It was easier getting hers off, since the suit was slightly big around her hips. Ellie didn't have the slightest clue to what she was doing, only that it seemed to work as she could feel him harden considerably against her, with a swift move Ellie kissed him like there was no tomorrow. "Ellie..." Kim broke the kiss, his eyes clouded as he stared at her. "What?" Ellie breathed disappointed that he pulled away. "I don't want; you could get..." He stumbled helplessly over his own words, but Ellie understood what he was trying to say. The thought about it made Ellie uneasy, but she knew that there was a slim chance she'd get pregnant, at least at this time of the month. She took his face in her hands, and smiled softly at him, "It shouldn't be a problem, not right now at least." Kim didn't look convinced. "You shouldn't worry about it. I had my week a couple of days ago. There's a slim chance it'll happen." She could feel her cheeks heating up again, "you sure?" Ellie laughed and kissed him as she let her hands slide down the length of his body until they rested on his hips. "Almost 100% sure." She hooked her fingers at the hem of his boxers. "Don't worry about it." She breathed against his lips. Ellie didn't want to think about if it happened.

Ellie was resting her head against Kim's chest as she traced lazy circles with her fingers on his chest. "I really hope you're sure." He murmured. Ellie propped herself up on her elbow and looked at him. "I am, if I have learned anything in biology it should be the safest time right after a woman bleed." It sounded weird in Ellie's ears; she didn't even view herself as a woman. She wasn't that old, she was still just a girl. In the dim light Ellie could see Kim turn red. She laughed and kissed him, "You're cute when you blush." She said using his own words against him. He scowled at Ellie, and was about to say something when the curtains were pulled apart with a snap. Ellie let out a small shriek as she quickly pulled the blanket up to cover her. Staring at them frozen was Joachim and one of the twins, Gemma ran in right behind them. "I told you to leave them alone." She wheezed. When she looked over her eyes widened and she rushed over and grabbed their ears dragging them along.

The door shut behind them, and neither Ellie nor Kim moved both of them quite shocked and embarrassed. They scrambled to get their clothes back on, when Gemma knocked on the door, "Can we come in?" She asked opening the door slightly. "Yeah." Ellie muttered as she pulled her shirt over the wetsuit. "I'm really sorry! I tried to stop them saying you probably wanted to be alone, but um..." Joachim walked in his eyes everywhere else than Ellie and Kim, the twin right behind him. Ellie didn't know if it was Lewis or Anthony. They were identical and almost impossible to tell apart.