Chapter 48

"Hey Jeongin" Chan said a small smile growing on his lips.

Jeongin sat there awkwardly smiling, Mel next to him trying her hardest not to burst out laughing.

"Well anyways, I'll let you guys keep talking" He winked at Jeongin whose face grew red.

"Actually I was just about to leave" Mel said standing up. Jeongin looked up at her, his eyes wide.

"Mel-"

"I'll leave you guys to it, bye!" She quickly said before running down the steps.

Chan watched as Mel skipped three steps at a time while going down the stairs, looking back at Jeongin, he noticed how uncomfortable the younger seemed.

"So uh do you want to come inside or do you have somewhere to be?" Chan finally managed to ask.

"I-I actually came to talk to you b-but you weren't home so I had a chat with Mel" Jeongin said quietly, not looking up.

"Oh, I was out with Lisa. She literally yelled at me for two hours at the cafe in front if everybody" Chan's face turned red from embarrassed.

"I wonder why.." Jeongin trailed off making Chan give an awkward laugh.

"Yeah well..let's go inside so we can talk" Chan said tilting his head.

Jeongin nodded in response, standing up from the steps and brushing his pants off. He then grabbed his belt loop and pulled up his pants before walking up the stairs.

Chan gulped as he looked at Jeongin's ass. Since they weren't together, he knew it was rude to stare but he didnt care.

He stared very intently at Jeongin's ass as they walked up the steps and towards his dorm room.

And he didnt regret it one bit.

Chan cleared his throat and proceeded to open the door and let Jeongin in, closing the door behind him.

Jeongin stood awkwardly in the middle of the room. When him and Chan were together, he would have been able to just lay on the bed freely but now that they're not together, he felt like it wasnt his place to.

As if Chan had read his mind, he smiled and lifted his chin towards the bed, "You can sit down if you want"

Jeongin smiled lightly sitting down at the edge of the bed.

"I'll get you something to drink" Chan said disappearing behind the kitchen door.

Jeongin let out a sigh, for some reason it was awkward for him but it seemed as Chan didnt mind and was acting as if everything was normal.

Only everything wasnt normal.

Jeongin sighed, taking off his shoes then scootinh up on the bed and laying down so his head rested on the soft pillow.

He closed his eyes and let his body relax as well as his mind.

He heard Chan's footsteps, a soft chuckle, and the sound of glass clinking against the wooden table.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Chan asked sitting down in his rolly chair.

But he knew what Jeongin wanted to talk about. The conversation had been postponed long enough and it was time they finally sort things out. He owed an explanation.

Jeongin kept his eyes closed because he knew if he opened them tears would come out. So he kept them shut and he stayed laying down so he would have to look at Chan.

"I want to know why....Chan. Why did you do it? Was it my fault? Was it something I did? Did you get bored? Was I not good enough?"

All these questions began to pour out of Jeongin's mouth without thought, each question breaking Chan's heart more and more.