Chapter 1: School's Out!

The Brown Valley High School sign crackled with electricity, displaying the 114 degree weather. Outside, stood the janitor, who caught a crinkled paper in his trash picker.

"Aah! There's nothing students appreciate more on the last day of school than a nice, clean campus." The janitor smiled to himself and dropped the trash in the bin.

A few seconds later, the bell rang and out came students, who whooped in delight. They screamed and threw their papers all over the campus, running around as they did so.

"Yeah! No more school!" A boy yelled.

Tyler stood right in front of the school steps and clipped on his helmet with a smile on his face and his foot on his skateboard.

"Hello, freedom." He said and skated off.

He was a good 30 seconds in before he suddenly lurched forward and flew through the air. He collided with the ground with a quick woah.

It turns out that Craig, the school bully, had thrown a book in front of Tyler's skateboard, causing him to crash.

The older male laughed with his friends and walked away.

With a groan, Tyler sat up and noticed the police officer observing the whole situation.

"Officer Wagstaff, did you see that?" Tyler asked.

"What? You skatin' on school grounds?" Wagstaff replied, eating her salad.

"I could have gotten hurt." Tyler defended.

"Not if you wasn't skatin' on school grounds." Wagstaff turned around to get into her car.

Tyler groaned again and picked up his spilled textbooks and shoved them back into his bag. The blond spotted drinking a Coca Cola near his car. Tyler looked down and saw his pack of Mentos Mints he hadn't finished. Suddenly, an idea popped into his head. He cracked his neck and skated over to Craig, who had gotten in to the vehicle.

"Oh, whoa, this is a really nice car, Craig." Tyler said, putting his hand on the roof of the convertible.

"Everybody loves the Miats, brahts." Craig responded and shoved the younger boy's hand off the car.

"Yeah, the... Miats is pretty sweet. Oh, bummer about that stain on your car seat, though." Tyler said.

"What stain?" The older male replied and turned his head, allowing Tyler to drop a mint in to the soda bottle.

Craig heard bubbling from the drink and peered inside the hole.

"What the..."

Suddenly, the soda shot up straight into Craig's face.

"Whoa! That was a lot bigger than I thought it would be." Tyler said, surprised.

Craig panted in anger.

"Well, I'm gonna go." Tyler said.

"You're dead!" The bully responded and quickly turned on his engine.

Tyler sped off, jumping over backpacks and turning sharp corners, Craig not far behind. The blond skidded to a stop to check if Craig was still behind him. He was. He was also very angry.

Tyler's eyes widened and he quickly turned around and sped off. Another collision sent Tyler rolling all over a car hood. His skateboard was launched into the air and onto a tree.

"What the..." The driver asked.

"Oh, hey." Tyler responded with a small wave and a groan.

Officer Wagstaff got out of the car and stalked over to Tyler.