Chapter 14: Tower Two

"Hey, Clark. How's it going?" Ellie nervously laughed, lowering her fist.

"Ahh. Ellie Price. It's good to finally see you again. I knew I could recognize that anger anywhere."

Ellie smiled.

"Same goes to you, Clark. It's good to see you again."

"Wait, what? Price? Ellie? As in Ellie Price?" Garvin asked and turned the girl around so she could face him.

"Oh, my god! It's Ellie Price!" Garvin stated, shocked.

"Yeah, it's me, Garvin. Miss me?"

"Wait what's going on?" Tyler asked.

"Miss Ellie Price, here, is the daughter of Carson and Leah Price. They're very wealthy business owners and they donate huge amounts of money to the Malibu Beach Junior Rescue Program every year. They also donate a lot of money to the community. Ellie's parents and I have been in close contact. So, I see Ellie every once in a while. She's grown into such a fine young woman." The mayor explained.

"So, that means Ellie is rich?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah. Crazy rich. How did you not know about this?" Garvin asked.

"How did you not know this?" Tyler fired back.

Garvin rolled his eyes.

"Since when have you been here, Ellie?"

"Since the start of this year's summer."

"What? How could I not notice you?"

"Good question."

"You're not even from the Valley! Why were you put with the Flounders?" Garvin exclaimed.

Ellie leaned over and glanced at Brody.

"Garvin, I think that was Brody's only good decision. And why should it matter if I got put with the Flounders? I think that they're the best pod in this program."

"But you're technically Malibu's finest! You should've been put with the Dogfish!" Garvin argued.

"No. I like my pod and I plan to stay with them. Nothing you say can change my mind. I would never leave my friends." Ellie defended.

"Brody." Tyler walked up.

"Uh-oh." Eric said.

Tyler held out his hand. Brody slowly took it, unsure of what to do.

"Congratulations."

Brody quickly snatched his hand back.

"No, congratulations to you. For being a loser." Brody stuck an L on his forehead and walked backwards.

Ellie shook her head at Brody's lame come back.

"I'm proud of you, Tyler. You showed a lot of restraint there." Ellie complemented.

"I put a crab in his shorts." Tyler whispered to the team.

Ellie grinned.

"That's my boy." She laughed.

"Ow! Ow! Something's pinching me. Ow! Get it off! Get it off! Right here, it's moving around." Brody hopped around in the sand, looking like a fool.

"Ow. Ow! Okay. Okay, okay, we got it. I think we got it. Oh!" Brody finished.

Apparently, Logan didn't stop in time and she smacked Brody right across the spot where the sun doesn't shine with a rescue floatie.

Brody collapsed with a weak, "Got it."