Chapter 10: Garvin Wants To What?!

Tyler sighed and looked around the empty school campus. He wore a ridiculous janitor outfit that made him sweat in the 112 degree weather. The boys spotted a wrapper blowing towards him and nonchalantly snatched it with his tool.

"Whoa, you caught that wrapper first snatch! Took me two years to master that." The custodian came up to Tyler and complemented.

"School's out. Where did this trash come from?" The boy curiously asked,

"Oh, I put it out. Don't want you to get bored." The custodian smiled and patted Tyler's shoulder.

Tyler sighed and groaned.

✧✧✧✧✧

"I can't believe this. We actually had a shot at winning the Crucible." Lizzie complained.

"And now we're paying for Tyler's screwup. Again." Gina added.

"I wish I could side with Tyler, but, I agree. He really screwed up this time. And I told both Brody and Tyler not to do anything stupid. And what do they do? Something stupid." Ellie sighed and brushed a lock of hair behind her ear.

"You've been talking about Tyler an awful lot lately." Gina commented.

Ellie blushed.

"W-What? No, I haven't. Tyler's... just... an interesting person." Ellie defended, crossing her arms and looked away.

"Uh-huh, right. And that's not the reason why you're blushing, right?" Gina laughed.

"Plus, you two have been flirting excessively for like, the whole week." Lizzie added.

"N-no. I don't know what you're talking about. Sh-shut up, Gina. You too, Lizzie. " Ellie pouted.

"Aww, does someone have a wittle crush on Tyler?" Dylan teased.

"W-What? No! Of course not, Dylan. Don't be ridiculous. He just... occupies my mind a lot. Like a lot a lot. And every time I look at him, it's like I don't know how to breathe. And my heart is pounding really fast at the same time. And I'm feeling butterflies all over my stomach. I'm starting to think that it's unhealthy." Ellie sighed.

"She totally does have a crush on Tyler!" Gina exclaimed.

"Shh! You don't have to tell the whole beach. Okay, okay. I do like Tyler. A lot."

The girls cooed and Ellie blushed even harder.

Just then, Brody and his Dogfish strutted by. Barking from the pod was heard.

"I really wanted to see the look on Brody's face when we took Tower One." Dylan crossed her arms and frowned.

"Me too, Dylan. Ugh. His smug face wants to make me punch him every time I see him." Ellie cracked her knuckles.

"I call dibs on beating him up, too." Lizzie smiled.

The group stopped by the restrooms and Eric stopped.

"I'll catch up with you guys in a minute. Actually, like, 15 minutes, I gotta... That's Eric business, you don't need to know." Eric waved the girls off and entered the restroom.

Eric was about to sit down, when he overheard a conversation.

"You are a genius." Spencer said.

"I can't believe you got Tyler to lose it." Logan added.

"Oh, please. It was so easy. Garvin was worried that the Valley kids were gettin' too good. So, he's like 'Bro-dog. You're my number one brahs. You gotta help me get Tyler outta here. His biggest weakness is that he's a total hothead.' And I was like, 'Well, his biggest weakness is he's got no definition in his arms.'" Brody bragged.