Chapter 13: Saving Jeffy

"Jeffy! Hold on! We'll come get you!" Ellie yelled.

Jeffy was playing with the boat lever and accidentally broke it, rendering the boat unable be steered.

"Mom, Ellie, I broke it! Please! Help!"

"He's headed right for the jetty! I'm going after him." Tyler made a move but was stopped by Dylan.

"Ellie, Gina, go with Tyler. Try to nudge the boat back to shore." Dylan explained.

The three nodded and dashed off towards a bigger rescue boat.

"Lizzie, Eric, grab a first-aid kit and meet me on the beach." Dylan said.

Lizzie nodded and ran off, Eric not for behind. Dylan got on the ATV and drove off.

✧✧✧✧✧

"The Dogfish head for the finish. Where are the Flounders?"

"The Dogfish will win." Garvin said.

✧✧✧✧✧

"We're almost to him!" Gina yelled.

"I'm gonna get alongside, try to bump him back to shore. Jeffy! Jeffy, I need you to kill the engine." Tyler yelled.

"Help me!"

"He can't hear you, Tyler! He's too far." Ellie shouted.

"Gina, here, take the wheel. Get me up next to him." Tyler ran to the front of the boat and lunged over the side.

"Almost there, keep it up." Tyler yelled and waiter until he got close enough and jumped over to Jeffy's boat.

"Tyler! Be careful!" Ellie screamed.

The boy nodded and proceeded to help the little kid.

"You okay, buddy?"

Tyler tried to turn off the engine but to no avail.

"Oh, no."

"They're gonna crash." Ellie gripped the boat tightly.

"Hang on, Jeffy!" Tyler picked the kid up and jumped over the side of the boat.

The boat continued on it's way and collided with the jetty, creating a big explosion.

Ellie and Gina gasped.

Tyler's head popped out of the water.

"I lost him."

"I can find him." Ellie jumped off the side of the rescue boat the dove into the water.

"Gina, help her." Tyler yelled.

Gina nodded and dove into the water.

"Nothing stands between Team Dogfish and victory."

"Where's Tyler? I thought he was in the lead?" Diane tried to search for her son.

"Guys, look!" Sasha pointed to the situation out on the ocean.

Ellie had popped out of the water, Jeffy unconscious in her arms.

"I got him!"

Gina swam over and helped move the boy onto the boat. Gina got on and Tyler pulled Ellie out of the water.

"Let's go, Gina." Tyler yelled and the boat roared back to life and headed to shore.

Back on the shore, Tyler brought Jeffy over to the beach.

Lizzie and Dylan were already there.

"Starting compressions. One, two, three, four..." Lizzie put her hands on top of Jeffy's chest.