[ 02 ]

[ minho pov ]

as i walked from the ground floor to the fourth level, i did not see much. special rooms were on the highest floors and each year occupied one level each. junior year on the first, middle (a/n i'm sorry i have no idea what that year is called) year on the second and senior year on the third. i wiped the perspiration that stuck to my neck as i climbed the stairs that seemed to go on forever.

i finally reached the rooftop and i encountered a beautiful garden with pretty flowers planted. there were creeping plants sprawled against the walls, accompanied by small purple flowers. as i walked towards the left after exploring the right, i met the prettiest flower of all. a boy with brunette hair with a black backpack beside him was sitting down on a bench close to the railing of the building, listening to music and looking towards the scenery that could not compare to his beauty. his bangs were pushed back, exposing his forehead as the wind smacked against the rooftop garden.

i walked towards him, hoping to ask if we could be friends. he somehow attracted me, and i never met him before. my legs led me towards the bench as i sat down on the other end. he did not seem to notice, so i glided across to sit beside him, leaving a gap for his personal space i may have invaded.

"hello, what are you doing here alone?" i asked. he looked at me in surprise. "what's your name?" he took out the left of his earpiece and looked inside his bag, only to take out a paper with some equations and a pen.

"hi," it read. being confused about the reason he was writing instead of speaking, i asked, "why are you writing down on paper?" he took out his right earpiece which landed softly on his lap, and continued writing, in his beautiful handwriting that i adored.

"i am sorry," he wrote below the first word. i furrowed my eyebrows, smiling slightly, "for?" i asked. he started writing again, occupying the space below, "i can't speak."

and then a question i would have resorted to last popped into my head. was he mute?"

-
short filler chapter