[ 16 ]

[ 3rd person pov ]

the shuffling sound of their footsteps against the concrete floor grew louder, as jisung tried to increase its volume to remove the silence around them. minho turned his head to the left as jisung did so to the right, both making eye contact as they wanted to check on the other. they quickly turned their heads to the opposite side to break the eye contact as they both were still embarrassed about the incident yesterday to be alone together.

minho's vision of the path in front of them was blocked as jisung put his hands in front of minho's eyes, signing, "i'm sorry about yesterday." jisung lowered his eyes, avoiding the boy beside him, but he heard minho as he said, confused and surprised at jisung's sudden apology, "no, why are you sorry jisung?" they both paused in their steps as they turned to look at each other.

"my mom interrupted yesterday..." jisung's hands slowed down as he reached the end of the sentence, like his words were fading away. minho smiled, "don't be, it's no one's fault." minho reaches out to jisung's arm, lightly pulling jisung towards him as they continued their walk home. minho raised his arm, lightly draping it over jisung's shoulders, as jisung was shocked by the small amount of space in between them.

"shall we study today again?" minho asked, almost teasing jisung, but jisung nodded his head, really thinking of studying together. minho only laughed, saying, "alright, let's go then."

♣️

minho stretched his back, reaching his arms out behind him as a yawn escaped his mouth. he put his left wrist in front of his eyes, staring at his watch in a fight against the tears that entered his eyes due to the long yawn he let out.

"oh, it's... already 5.50," minho said, estimating the 5.48 he saw on his watch, yawning again in between those words. jisung looked at his phone, surprised at how fast time went by when he was with minho. "i think i should get going," minho said as he looked at the boy, sadness clear in his eyes. however, jisung still nodded, knowing that he could not stay with minho forever.

minho gave a small smile, closing his books and packing his study materials into his bag. jisung stood up quickly, causing his chair to make a screeching sound as it dragged against the floor, and rushed out of the room. minho followed jisung out of the room, puzzled at his actions.

as he went into the kitchen, where jisung seemed to be, he was met with the boy with a small carton of strawberry milk in his hands. jisung took minho's hands, placing the carton in it.

"to make up for this afternoon's lunch break," jisung signed with a smile.

"thank you," minho said, returning the smile. the two walked to the door together, as jisung picked up the keys from the basket on top of the shoe cabinet. he put in the keys into the lock as it made a jingling sound, minho putting on his shoes as jisung did so.

"are you really going?" jisung signed, as he crouched in front of minho who was wearing his shoes, still not wanting to part with the boy.

minho stood up from the crouching position, he was in after wearing his shoes and nodded, "sorry jisung, it's getting late. i'll see you tomorrow." he reached out a hand for jisung to take, which jisung gladly did so as he stood up.

jisung nodded, pouting slightly. as he slowly raised his head to look at minho, a pair of soft lips met his, not leaving until after a few seconds.

"to make up for yesterday," minho said, turning around and leaving with a cheeky smile on his face. "bye princess," minho said, turning around one more time to say bye to jisung, with the milk carton in his hand.

as for jisung, he could no longer feel any blood flowing to his legs as he felt weak in the knees. he closed the door, putting his fingers on his lips, lightly grazing his fingers over it as blood rushed up to his face.