[ 18 ]

*warning ; some swearing in this chapter

[ 3rd person pov ]

the five boys put down their bags on the table they now regulated at after school since three days ago, sitting down at their usual spots as they prepared for four long hours of studying.

"only one more left to go," they all thought in sync, as they only had the last (also the ninth) exam of the first midterm exams, literature. everyone except jisung was feeling dreadful thinking about having to sit down and analyse their books for 4 hours in preparation for the next day, whereas jisung was confident, also thankful that his strongest subject was put last in the list of exams.

"let's do this!" changbin said with some enthusiasm to try and lift up the atmosphere. they sat down, with minho and changbin seated on one side, jisung, felix and chan on the other, of the rectangular table that was located in the school cafeteria. minho looked around their surroundings, however not noticing three boys who were eyeing someone seated with minho.

the boys took out their own books and notes, the older boys taking out ones of a higher level as they were in senior year. then, the painful four hours started.

♣️

the study session went by smoothly, with 40 minutes left until they had to leave before the school gate was closed.

"i'll go to the restroom for a while," jisung signed to felix and minho, who were the only two who understood sign language. they both nodded, minho looking up and giving a short smile to jisung before he left.

the three boys then saw jisung leaving alone to the restroom and quickly packed up their study materials, which were only placed for pretence as their interest was not studying, then followed jisung to the restroom quietly.

they entered the restroom jisung was in and stood outside the cubicles, silently waiting for jisung to come out of one so they could state their purpose. the boy who stood in front and in the middle of his two "friends" jerked his chin towards the other cubicles, ordering for his friend to check if there was anyone else present. there was not. he nodded his head with a smirk on his face. he casually pointed to the door as he leaned against the wall, his other friend grabbing the signal and closing the entrance to the restroom shut.

jisung, who by far did not know anything, came out after doing his business for a few minutes, only wanting to wash his hands when he saw the three boys, in the restroom with him.

"hey there, little suck up, i missed you so much!" dongwon exclaimed sarcastically, wanting to scare jisung. which he did as jisung, shocked and scared, stood rooted to the ground, not knowing what to do.

the three boys walked closer towards him, as myeongyi stepped forward, pushing jisung's head to the side with force. jisung grew timid as he backed away, only having his back meet the wall. he clenched his fist tight, wanting to punch the boy but held back, knowing that he was outnumbered. dongwon pushed jisung's head, the same spot which myeongyi did as kihoon said with a smirk, "we got a little favour to ask you, mind doing it?" jisung turned his eyes towards kihoon with anger, until dongwon said, "don't glare at us, stupid fuck!" he kicked jisung's front, hitting his stomach, as jisung went down on one knee at the pain, using a hand to clutch his stomach.

"anyway," dongwon started, getting to the point after seeing jisung weak from his kick. he grabbed jisung's hair, crouching down in a squatting position in front of jisung, as myeongyi and kihoon remained standing, wanting to exert power.

"we need you to help us cheat in tomorrow's literature exam."