Chapter Seven|| Red eyes

{Rosemarie's POV}

I ran towards the house as if my life depended on it. Emmet followed close behind. "ELIGH!" I yelled.

Amber, Alessio, and Eligh came into view carrying towels and once he saw my panicked look, the towels fell from his hands as he ran to me. "What's wrong?" he asked grabbing my shoulders.

"I- he- Emmet-"

"What did you try?!" Eligh's voice boomed, directing his attention towards Emmet.

"I didn't do anything! Her eyes starting shining red...like...like the alpha of war's color."

Confusion crossed Eligh's face. "What? You're joking."

"No, it was honestly startling...and her voice almost sounded different too."

"It was like it wasn't even my own words," I added and Eligh ran a hand over his face.

"We have to tell father about this." Alessio butted in.

"No! He'll already ask why we're out so late and this will only cause more problems for me."

"Rose, I have no clue what to do, do you?" Eligh asked and I remained silent and he nodded.

"Exactly. We're telling him, come on."

I sighed, following him reluctantly.

***

"What?" my father asked completely confused.

"I know, it sounds insane...but it happened, sir," Emmet stated and my father groaned, running a hand over his face.

We stood in front of his and my mother's bedroom door and he placed his hand on the small of my back, guiding me away from it. "Your mother is sleeping, let's not wake her. My office."

My father was still in his suit from tonight. "Why are you still dressed up if mom is already in bed?" I asked.

"She didn't feel too well and I had to complete some paperwork."

We all reached his office and walked in taking a seat at the conference table. "Okay, now run everything by me again. How'd this happen?"

After explaining what happened there by the lake, my father seemed to be just as confused as we are. "I don't know how that would be possible...are you sure you saw correctly, Emmet? It wasn't a light shining in her eyes or anything?"

"No, sir...I don't think no light can make her eyes shine that specific blood red. I've only ever seen that with Alpha Mason's eyes before." he stated and it was like something clicked in my father's mind as realization sat in.

"What were you two talking about?" he asked and I glanced at Emmet as my cheeks tinted red.

Emmet fought back a grin as he looked at me and back to my father. "I asked your daughter if I could kiss her," he replied, shamelessly.

My father's jaw ticked. "At least you asked permission," he grumbled, looking away.

"Am I...sick?" I asked and my father couldn't help but let out a loud laugh.

"Far from it...can you guys give me the room with Rose please?"

They all nodded, getting up and leaving.

"What is it?"

"Rose, how close have you gotten with Mathias? I saw him come to see you tonight at the ball."

I shrugged. "Not really close at all. He just randomly showed to give me a gift." his brow rose.

"A gift?"