Chapter Forty-Two|| Before the "fake" wedding

{Rosemarie's POV}

"I can't believe we're really doing this," I mused, walking side by side with Mathias as he walked me to our room.

"I told you we're doing this the right way. Even if we're already married, we're gonna do it the right way. I won't let some coronation take what I've dreamed about for years." He mumbled, looking away from my gaze.

"You dreamed about this?"

"Marrying my mate someday? Yeah, I did. My father married my mother even though it was an unusual thing for mates to do at the time. Most mates don't even get married since, well, they're already soulmates."

"Funny, you got me as your mate... I bet you didn't expect that." I winked.

We stopped in front of our room and he shrugged. "I think I always knew, even since I was a kid. I think I've been in love with you since we were mere children, honestly. It's nice how everything played out." He leaned down, placing a kiss on my forehead causing my eyes to flutter shut.

"I'll see you tomorrow at the wedding, my beautiful bride. Goodnight, I love you." He smiled.

I stared up at him with so much love. This man was a dream. How could I be so lucky to have a mate like himself? "I love you too, see you tomorrow."

He left, going to a spare room for the night and most of tomorrow. He was really taking this whole wedding thing seriously, which was sweet. I didn't even imagine he'd want to do all this after the coronation, yet here we are.

I walked into our room, making my way to our closet to get ready to shower and go to bed. Though, the only thing on my mind was Mathias. It seems that that's the only thing that's been on my mind lately—him.

An hour later, I laid in bed staring at my ceiling wide awake. I couldn't sleep with everything that's gonna be happening tomorrow. It was gonna be a beautiful wedding—well a fake wedding technically—and I was more than excited.

My mother was surprising me with a wedding dress her and AJ picked out. There's no telling what those to have instore for me.

My phone dinged, bringing me from my thoughts and I quickly picked it up.

'Can't sleep?' Mathias texted.

'Not at all. Too excited for tomorrow :)'

'Me too... I can't wait to see you.' This time he mind-linked me, causing me to giggle.

'You just saw me, Mathias...'

'Yes, but I'm missing you more every second. Plus, I get to see you in another beautiful dress. Goddess, you're going to look stunning, I already know it.'

'You're too sweet.'

'Eh, I try.' I could practically see the grin on his face.

'As much as I'd love staying up and talking to you all night, we need to try to get some sleep.'

He sighed. 'Fine, fine... goodnight, Rosemarie.'

'Goodnight, Mathias. I love you.'

'I love you too.'

After our final goodbyes, I turned on my side and closed my eyes, and sleep took over shortly after.

***

"GET UP! IT'S YOUR BIG DAY!" A voice yelled, ripping the covers off me.

I groaned, opening one eye to see an excited AJ. She stood at the end of my bed, a huge grin on her face as my mother stood by the door holding a bag that contained my dress I had yet to see.

I eagerly sat up. "Can I see?!"

I know the bride usually picks her own dress, but for some reason, I wanted to change traditions and have it be a surprise. My mother never let me down when it came to beautiful gowns.

"Well get up and we'll decide if you can see it yet." AJ huffed, placing her hands on her hips.

"Fine, geez, you're worse than my mother." I slung my legs over the side of my bed, standing up to stretch.

"We have a lot to do. You need to shower, then we'll get your hair and makeup done." My mother finally spoke, hanging the bag up.

AJ hurried me to my bathroom and slammed the door behind me as she shoved me in. Sometimes I wonder how she is as an alpha around her pack. When she's around me, it's almost like she's a teen again.

My shower didn't take as long as normal speaking AJ kept banging on the bathroom door yelling at me to hurry up.

So impatient.

I put on the robe that had 'bride' written across the back of it and walked out into my room. Once again, I was pushed around by AJ as she forced me into a chair. "The hairdresser is on her way up."

A knock sounded at the door. "Well, that was quick," AJ mumbled, walking to open it.

Instead of the hairdresser, Anna, Emerald, and Ivy stood there with a huge smile on their faces.

"Yes, finally!" AJ spoke exasperated, pulling them into the room.

Anna, Ivy, Emerald, and AJ were my bridesmaids.

I laughed thinking about Mathias' groomsmen. Shane was here, who I have yet to meet, and then the hounds were in the wedding as well. I could just see Alexander, Chase, and Devin driving him crazy.

"Thank you for letting me be a bridesmaid, I've never done this before! I'm so excited!" Anna grinned and I saw the aura around her start to glow as her emotions took over.

"Thank you for accepting." I winked.

"Hairdresser is here!" AJ called out, letting her into the room.

"Ladies, go ahead and get into your dresses so we're all ready for pictures!" AJ commanded.

"Woah there, cowgirl, chill it with the orders." Ivy teased. "You're not the only alpha in the room." She smirked, raising a brow.

"Touche... but do as I say or you will see the real alpha in me." AJ challenged and I rolled my eyes at the two.

"Would y'all stop your bickering?"

"We're not bickering." They both spoke, causing me to giggle.

The hairdresser started to do my hair as Ivy explained she was in charge of my makeup. Not too long after, I was ready to put on my dress.

"Oh, I'm gonna cry," Mom spoke, her eyes pooled with tears.

"Mom! Don't do this now." I groaned, leaning my head back so I wouldn't cry as well.

AJ unzipped the bag that contained my dress and slowly pulled it out. My jaw dropped at the sight of it. I indeed wanted to cry. It was a mermaid fitted dress that was covered in lace.

It was perfect.

"Oh my..." Emerald mumbled in awe.

"I can't wait to get married now," Anna piped in.

"It's great, right?" AJ grinned.

"It's more than perfect, help me get in!" I spoke excitedly.

The girls helped me into my dress and as I turned to face the mirror, I felt like a million bucks.

I don't think I've ever felt this pretty before.

"Yep, I'm crying." My mother's voice trembled.

"Mathias is going to die when he sees you. You really do look beautiful, Rose." Anna smiled.

I couldn't wait.

This was going to be one interesting day.
_______________________
A new chapter is up on Radish.

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE