Chapter Thirteen|| Different

{Rosemarie's POV}

It was odd...I could feel Nikobe's presence twenty-four seven. It was like when you're in a store and you feel like someone was watching you. I didn't really know what to think of it honestly. I hoped the feeling would go away soon, though.

"You okay?" I heard Mathias ask and I looked to see him walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I mumbled looking down at my uneaten cereal.

"You sure about that? You haven't touched your food."

"Does that eery feeling ever go away? Like someone is watching you?" I asked and he sighed, taking the spot next to me.

"You get used to it...Well, that's what my mother used to tell me. I don't really know how that feels since I'm a full Lycan."

"Will it be bad? When we shift for the time together?"

"It could be, but I'm hoping for the best. Nikobe seems like a nicer Lycan than what I've dealt with before..."

Yikes.

I knew I wanted this. Hell, I pretty much forced Mathias into doing this and there is no way out.

"Will you teach me everything you know? I need to know everything I must about lycans." I stated nervously.

His hand rested on my shaking one and he gave me a soft smile. "Of course I will. It'll take time, but it will happen."

"So marking? How does that work now that I'm a Lycan and not a normal werewolf?"

"First I need to claim your Lycan in Lycan form on your first shift. I prefer that because I will be able to help control your Lycan more after that. Then I'll have to claim you in this form. It's gonna hurt, but now since you're half lycan it should morph into some type of pleasure. I can't promise you that, but it should. A full Lycan's bite is different from any half Lycan's bite, sadly."

"Wow..."

"Yeah..."

I can do this...I can definitely do this.

"Now, our parents are upstairs and they would like to talk to us before I leave. I've been away from my pack for three days and I need to get back."

"Oh Goddess, yours are here too?!" Mathias chuckled, nodding.

"Great."

We made our way upstairs and I took a deep breath before entering. Mason and Octavia sat there with a small smile while my father and mother sat nervously. What is about to happen exactly?

"Take a seat." My father spoke up, leaning forward and placing his arms on the table.

King mode, not a great sign.

We took our places and father sighed.

"I'm not happy how you just up and decided to become a Lycan, but after your mom talked me through it all, I realized that I would do anything for her, my mate, and I understand why you did it. But this puts a halt into our plans."

"What plans?" Mathias asked, confused.

"Coronation. We will have to tell the church and our people that Rose is now a half Lycan and she will need to introduce you, her new mate, to our world." my heart was beating too fast and I felt like I needed to throw up.

I didn't realize that we would be in a debacle. Mathias is the alpha of The War Pack...and I'm the soon to be queen. We can't do both.

"So what is it going to be?" My father asked and I closed my eyes, hating this.