Chapter Twenty-Five|| The Other Twins

{Rosemarie's POV}

It has been two days since the attack on me. Mathias attended to my every need, which was sweet, but I was glad to be back on my feet. My wounds were slowly healing, which was also something I was not used to. Though, being a lycan and being hurt by a lycan makes the process of healing slower.

I winced, pulling my shirt over my head. I had just showered and was now getting ready because my father had scheduled a meeting with Mathias and me to talk about something urgent. I didn't miss the news, though, my father had postponed my coronation due to personal reasons. Only if people knew I had been attacked, everything would be chaos.

I sighed, looking in the mirror. I looked like hell. I tried my best to act fine, but in reality, I was scared. Those lycans from the realm are after me, I just know it and I feel Mathias isn't telling me something.

The familiar stinging of my wounds brought me out of my thoughts and I lifted my shirt to pulled back my bandage some. Mathias kept saying they were getting better each day but they just looked the same to me: red, inflamed, and completely gross. I dropped my shirt, walking out of my bathroom and saw Mathias sitting on the edge of my bed. He looked up from his phone, supporting a half-smile.

"You ready?"

I nodded, watching him stand from the bed. He walked over to me, placing his hand on my cheek. "How are you feeling?"

I bit the inside of my cheek with a shrug. "Fine, I guess."

"Come on, your father is waiting."

I followed him out of my room and down the hall. When we walked into the conference room, my father and mother's conversation stopped.

"Morning." Mother smiled.

"Morning," I mumbled, taking a seat next to Mathias at the table.

I winced once more, shifting my position so my wounds wouldn't hurt.

"I called you here to talk about a problem that has occurred."

"And that is?" Mathias asked, going into alpha mode instantly.

"We've been finding dead rogues on border patrols."

My brows furrowed. "Rogues? Why?"

"That we don't know, but your mother was talking with Alara about it and Alara mentioned something that was a little concerning." My father spoke, looking at my mother to continue.

"She said that she has felt immense power here recently. She can always feel new sources of energy and this one has her very concerned. She thinks the rogues are being used as sacrifices." my mother pushed over to us a map. "We marked all where we have found them on our territory."

"Those markings surround our whole pack," I stressed, looking up quickly.

"Yes, which is apart of another sacrifice. It's creating a link around our pack and we don't know why."

"So what do we do?"

"We're going to create an invisible border around our pack to help until we can figure out just what all this means. If it is a sacrifice then that means it could be a witch or a lycan...since there was the recent attack on Rose. Lycans used to do sacrifices in the past. If you're not a wolf then you won't be able to enter."

"But Mathias is a lycan and I'm a half lycan."

"Alara said the spell can be altered with your blood to know that you are welcome into the pack."

"How can Alara do the spell then? A spell like that would have to be done from inside the center of the pack to disperse to all edges of the pack and she's a witch, not a wolf." Mathias asked.

My father and mother glanced at each other and dad cleared his throat. "The Malevolent twins are coming." my heart stopped.

Those twins are...powerful. They could stop anything and anyone. They were born with black magic in their souls. The stories my mother told me about them are terrifying. How it took all of Alara's power to control their temper tantrums as kids and how Evan could barely teach them to control their wolf side because, for some reason, they had so much anger in them as kids.

I guess being born with black magic affects you differently. I hadn't heard much about them since then but who knows how they turned out. They didn't visit, they didn't attend any events, and Alara never really talked about them.

They had been recluse: completely and utterly gone from the map.

Until now.

"When are they coming?" Mathias asked, his hand resting on my thigh under the table as if saying 'relax'.

"They have been on their way since early this morning. They should be here any minute."

As if they heard us talking, thunder struck from above, noting their arrival. My heart sped up as we all immediately stood from our chairs.

"That's them." my mother chuckled.

She seemed so calm. I guess she wasn't worried since, after all, she is the leader of their coven.

We made our way outside and once we stepped out into the crisp, cold air I noticed how gloomy it got. A black SUV headed down the stoned driveway as the winds picked up. I squinted my eyes, watching the rolling car come to a stop.

Mathias pulled me to his side in a protective way when two car doors opened abruptly. One foot stepped out, a black heel covering it. Then on the other side, someone hopped out and I looked the man over as he looked around; Emerson.

Finally, the one and only Emerald made her way out of the car, meeting her brother as he rounded it. Emerald raised her hand and the thunder immediately stopped and the winds slowed.

"That's always annoying

"That's always annoying." She spoke with a small smile as the two twins made their way to us. "We can never show up somewhere without all that happening."

"Hello, Emerald." My mother smiled, pulling her into a hug. She pulled back looking to Emerson. "Emerson." she nodded at him.

"Scarlett, how are you?" he asked and my brows furrowed.

They seem...normal?

"I'm doing well, for the most part."

Emerald and Emerson looked to Mathias and me. "And how are you, Rosemarie?" She asked.

"I'm fine, thank you."

"I can help that wound of yours out if you'd like. Sorry, I can just sense the pain it is causing you." Emerald blurted out.

"Uh, yeah sure maybe after we get this spell done," I spoke unsure as to why she was being so generous.

"Right, the spell, shall we get to it? We will need Mathias and Rose with us when we do it."

"Yes, the center of the pack is the training fields. I'll tell everyone to leave them."

"Perfect, let's get started." Emerald smiled.

___________________________________

THE TWINS ARE HERE

I REPEAT THE TWINS YOU ALL WANTED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ARE HERE

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE