Chapter Eight|| I have to see him

{Rosemarie's POV}

My heart was beating quicker by the second as he stayed silent.

"Mathias?"

"I have to go." was his response and the line went dead.

I stared at my phone in shock. Was it true? Did he really try to control me because he didn't want me kissing Emmet? That can't be true. Why on earth would he even do that? He had no claim over me! He is Mathias Cage, the all-powerful Lycan...what does he want with me?

A knock on my door brought me from my thoughts. "Come in."

"Hey, girly, I'm heading home," Amber spoke, poking her head into my room.

"So soon?"

"Yes, sadly. I am the alpha after all. I need to return to my people. They get lonely without me." she winked and I let out a laugh.

"I'm sure they do."

She walked through and pulled me into a hug. "It was great seeing you again. Come to see me, alright?"

"I will, for sure."

"Good. I wish you the best of luck."

"Thank you, Amber Joe. That means a lot to me."

"Hey, if anyone can be the Queen, it's you. Text me." she gave me one last hug before saying her goodbyes and left.

I couldn't help but glance down at my phone. He can't just end the conversation like that...he has to explain himself. You can't just...control somebody and not expect them to ask questions or want an explanation.

I had to see him.

I quickly walked to my suitcase and pulled it down from the top of my closet. I threw some clothes in it and zipped it up. After placing it on my bed, I headed down to talk to my father.

"Wait for a second... you can't just show up at his pack, love."

"I need answers! And if he is too much of a coward to do it over the phone then maybe he will in person." I stated and my father snorted.

"I think you got that backward, Rose. If he won't even do it over the phone, he definitely won't in person."

"Well, I'm not able to be hung up on so maybe it will force him to." he sighed, running a hand over his face.

"I can go with you I gue-"

"No! I need to do this on my own and if my father is there like I'm a little girl, it will only make the matters worse. Please just trust me on this, dad."

"Okay, fine. You get there and confront him and then what happens? It's already late in the day, the sun will be going down soon. I don't want you out driving."

"I'll just stay there in an extra room or something like we've done before. Plus, I'll have one of the guards take me there and have one pick me up."

"Rose...this is a bit much."

"Dad, it's embarrassing! Emmet probably thinks-"

"Since when did you ever care what that boy thought?" he cut me off and I sat there dumbfounded.

"Exactly. It's not worth the trip. If he wanted to tell you, he would have. Maybe he has his reasons."

"Dad I just-"

"Rose, you're an adult now and soon-to-be Queen. If you think that you need to march down there and raise hell with that man then do it, I'm not stopping you. But I am warning you that I don't think it is a good idea. You do not know him."