Chapter Thirty-Nine|| Devilish Kisses

{Rosemarie's POV}

Our laughter bounced off the palace walls as we ran down the hall. Mathias' smile was something that I would never get bored of. He kept glancing back at me as we ran, to Goddess knows where, and I couldn't help but beam back at him with a huge smile.

I felt so free and so in love.

"Mathias, where are we going?" I giggled.

"There's something I want to show you. I found it when I first visited the palace when we were children."

"You remembered that?" I asked, shocked he remembered something so small from so long ago.

"Yeah, I do. You know, Rose, I always said as I kid I was going to marry you... and I did. I always told myself that I'd bring you here one day." He smiled, walking to a back door.

I had never come back this way through the palace, I never really had a reason to.

He opened it, pulling me outside with him and I stared at the view feeling astonished. "It's beautiful."

It was a small balcony that overlooked the pack. As the sun set, I could see the twinkling lights from the stores miles away and the busy roads of the town. How did I never find this?

Mathias walked up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist as he rested his chin on my shoulder. "Whenever you very busy with school lessons and I was here waiting for my parents to be done with their meetings with your parents, I would always come here. I just found it so... peaceful."

"I can see why."

I broke free from his grasp, walking to the railing of the balcony, placing my hands on them as I stared out into the beautiful scenery. "You know you could have always brought me here, why wait until now?" I asked, turning to face him and my heart skipped a beat.

"I was just waiting for the right time." He replied, down on one knee and holding a box that contained a beautiful diamond ring.

"Aren't you doing this a little backward?" I giggled, walking up to him.

He grinned up at me with a shrug. "I told you that I wanted to do a proper proposal and give you a ring."

"It's beautiful, Mathias." I went to reach for it but he playfully smacked my hand away and I stared at him bewildered.

"Well? Yes or no? You're ruining this whole thing, Rose." He mused.

I chuckled, shaking my head. "You are something else. Yes, Mathias. I will gladly marry you even though we're already married." I winked and he smiled as he stood.

"That's my girl," he beamed.

He grabbed my left hand and gently slid the ring onto my finger. "Now that is a beautiful sight."

"It is..." I mumbled, staring in awe at the ring.

"Well, I was talking about you, but sure yeah the ring is nice too." He teased and I gave him a playful shove.

"Stop embarrassing me."

"Me? Never." He smiled, grabbing my waist and pulled me to his chest. "I love you, Rose, with all my heart."

"I love you too, Mathias." I softly placed my hands on his cheeks, leaning up to give him a kiss.

His lips met mine quickly and it wasn't just some kiss filled with lust or want. It was a kiss filled with passion and love. It's crazy how things changed over the past months.

He pulled away, resting his forehead on mine. "Let me make this a night you won't forget." He spoke, his voice almost pleading.

"I would never forget this night, Mathias, but I'm interested in what you have to add to it."

He raised a brow, unknowingly biting his lip. "Let me do the honors then."

"Do wha- ah!" I shrieked as he swept me up bridal style, walking us back into the palace.

As we walked down the hall, my heart was beating frantically.

"There you two are! What are you—" AJ stopped talking as she noticed my flushed cheeks and wide eyes.

"Nevermind, continue." She mumbled, walking the other direction as if she hadn't seen a thing.

I hate her.

Sometimes.

"Have I ever mentioned that she's the only friend of yours I do like?" Mathias chuckled, walking us up the stairs to our new room.

"Better not like her too much," I grumbled and he snorted.

"As if...but I do like this possessive side of you."

We came to the door of our new bedroom and Mathias took no time opening it and slamming it behind him. He tossed me onto the bed and I let out yet another shriek as he did so.

He looked down at me with a heated stare as he took off the robe of his outfit and tossed it aside then slowly started unbuttoning the jacket of his suit. That was a sight to see.

"This...is a nice new room of ours," I spoke awkwardly.

"We don't have to do this," he reminded, ignoring my awkward comment, as he placed one knee on the end of the bed before making his way to me.

"I want to,"

It was like a kid on Christmas the way his eyes lit up at my comment and seconds later, his lips were on mine.

My hands found their way into his hair and I tugged on the ends, earning a groan to leave him.

"Turn over," he commanded and my eyes snapped open wide.

He chuckled at the puzzled look on my face. "I have to unzip your dress somehow, love." A breath of relief left me.

"Right..."

He belched out a laugh and I rolled my eyes as I sat up. "Shut up or you're not getting any." I huffed, turning so he could unzip me.

"Noted."

When his hands found the zipper, I jumped slightly. "Rose, relax," he mumbled, placing a kiss on my neck causing a shiver to go down my spine.

As he helped me out of my dress, my stomach felt like it was in knots as laid back down, not even wanting to look him in the eye.

"Look at me,"

I refrained.

"Rose, look at me, please." Slowly my eyes made their way to his.

"You're so damn beautiful. Don't ever think any different." He stated, making my heart skip a beat.

"So," he leaned back down and placed a kiss on my lips.

"Damn," another on my mark.

"Beautiful," one on my chest.

My hands found their way back into his hair as he continued to leave devilish kisses on my body.

"And I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you, Rosemarie Cage."

I grabbed the sides of his face, stopping his torturous kisses and brought his lips back to mine, smashing mine to his in a heated kiss.

I've waited too long for this and I'm not backing out now.
______________________
VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE

-I'm still sick sadly but I thought I'd post this chapter that was on Radish for y'all (:

-I'm also moving back to campus and have no wifi. So im sick AND have no wifi ... life is rough. LOL

Much love❤️