Chapter Forty|| Happy Endings

{Rosemarie's POV}

The next morning I had woken up with Mathias' arms wrapped tightly around me. It was always nice waking up in his arms, but this morning was so much different. Our scents were different, my mind definitely was different, everything was just different... but a good different.

Our morning had been disturbed, though, when a maid knocked on our door to notify us that my parents were wanting to discuss some things over breakfast. That's where I currently found myself... extremely embarrassed and mortified as my father kept glaring at Mathias.

Nothing was heard but the scraping of utensils against the plates as we ate, and my father managed to glare at Mathias the whole time. Goddess knows what was going on through my father's head right now and to be honest... I didn't really want to find out.

"So, you wanted to discuss something?" I asked, clearing my throat.

"Yes, we were just wanting to let you know that we will be moving out of the palace." My mother smiled.

"What? Why?"

"Well, this is your palace now and we honestly would like a place of our own. It will be nice to break away from the spotlight and do how we please without maids around or reporters and all that. Once we heard that Mathias would be taking the spot beside you as King, we began building us another home. Plus, you two need your own space as well without your parents always around you."

"Not too much space," My father grumbled. "Looks like you already managed to get close enough."

"Dad!"

"I can't help it okay? What do you expect?! My little girl just—"

"Enough Chrisitan," My mother mused and he let out a huff, crossing his arms like a five-year-old.

"I don't like this," He added. "But I won't speak on the matter anymore."

"Thank you," I spoke annoyed.

Mathias just had a stupid smirk on his face. I was about to speak up but it was like a memory just popped into my head from last night and my cheeks heated.

'Did you just literally implant a memory into my head?!' I growled at Mathias through our mind link.

'Maybe,'

'Stop it!'

'This is too much fun... just like last night. Don't you think?'

'Mathias' I warned and he snicked in response.

"Care to share?!" My father snapped and my eyes widened.

"N-no."

"Chrisitan, with all due respect, you were in my shoes at one point. This is a normal thing, especially for mates. At least we were married." Mathias spoke up for the first time that morning, making me want to dig myself a grave and dive headfirst into it.

My father's eyes narrowed as he and Mathias stared each other down.

My mother just looked amused by the whole thing.

"Plus, that mark on your neck says you were pretty busy too." Mathias grinned and my father's jaw tightened but he slowly looked away.

"Good point, end of discussion." My father nodded and my jaw dropped.

Did he seriously just let Mathias win that argument?

"Okay, can we please just get back on track here?" I nearly yelled.