Chapter Twenty-One|| Arguments

{Rosemarie's POV}

Mathias glared at Emmet as I sat not knowing what to say.

"We were just wrapping up, alpha."

"Your majesty." Mathias corrected.

I couldn't help it...that was hot.

I stood up from the chair and started to make my way towards him when he put his hand out stopping me. "I asked what I missed?"

I sighed, looking down. "Emmet was asking for permission to expand his pack into some parts of the rogue territory."

"And?"

"And I said no. He needs to start by taking some of the forests on a border down and building small houses there first before we result to that." Mathias seemed to be pleased with my answer and gave me a sharp nod.

"Are you ready to go? We have some things to discuss."

"Yes, I am." I turned to face Emmet. "I wish you the best of luck, Emmet. Keep us updated."

"Thank you for your time, your majesty." he mocked with a slight smirk.

I heard a rumble of a growl from Mathias and I knew I had to get us out of there before Mathias jumped over the table to rip Emmet apart.

"Come on," I mumbled to Mathias.

He followed me out the door and after we were out of hearing range for Emmet to hear, Mathias grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Why didn't you tell me you were meeting him? This is a team effort here."

"I tried to call you but you weren't answering." I tried to reason.

"Didn't bother to shoot me a text?"

"Actually, I did. I told you to call me when you could. Don't try to play the victim here."

"Excuse me?"

"And drop the tone. It was a meeting. A professional meeting, Mathias. That's it. I get you don't like the guy but let it be! You're making a big deal out of nothing." I saw red emerge in his eyes and I took a wary step backward.

He quickly looked away, blinking his eyes. I could tell he was trying to remain calm.

"I'm not going to ever lay a hand on you that way so don't even think it." He growled out, taking a deep breath after.

"It was just instinct and—"

"Save it. Let's go, the car is waiting."

"How did you even know I was here?" I asked when we starting to head outside.

"I had a gut feeling." was his reply.

"You peaked into my mind again?" I snapped.

"You're my mate, love. When you get a nervous feeling, I check to make sure you're safe when I'm not around you. Get used to it." he opened the car door, motioning for me to get in.

"Okay, what is with you and your attitude today?!" I halted.

He angrily slammed the door shut, running a hand over his face. "It has been a long day and I don't particularly like you not conveying the message about meeting Emmet. Sure you called or you tried to text me, but you still didn't say what it was about merely for the fact you knew I would not allow you to go there by yourself. You could have told me the truth upfront and had me go with you, yet you didn't. So tell me, Rose, why didn't you?" I gulped as he stared me down.

"Because I knew you would act like this."

"Did you, though? Honestly, if you would have asked me to come with you the repercussions of that would have been on a much better note then me having to show up here. I heard what he said, that part I'm glad I heard. About him wishing to take you out on a date sooner and asking why were you even bothering to do this between us? Yeah, you're lucky I didn't rip him to shreds."