Chapter Forty-Five|| We'll keep trying

{Rosemarie's POV}

I sighed, looking down at the test in my hands with a slight frown.

"I was so sure..." I mumbled, looking over to Mathias who stared at the test with the same emotion as I did.

"It's okay... things happen, we'll just keep trying." He mumbled, his eyes not leaving the test.

I now regretted even mentioning it to him. I knew he said he didn't want to get his hopes up, but that was exactly what I did by even mentioning it to him.

I got up, disposing of the negative pregnancy test, and let out another sigh. "Well, what now?"

"Now, we just keep trying and pray for the best. It takes time, so maybe the Goddess knew that right now with all the new things happening around us that a baby would just add to the stress."

"You're right... I know, I was just excited to start a new chapter in our lives."

"I am too... it will happen at some point, we just don't need to rush into anything." He explained and held his arms out, motioning me over to him.

I walked into his embrace and he gently pulled me onto his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist.

It was silent between us as we just sat there, taking in everything. I wasn't pregnant, which was upsetting but it's not the end of the world. It'll happen at some point, but I'm hoping it is soon.

I wanted nothing more than to start a family with Mathias.

"So... Shane is leaving soon and I know you wanted to officially meet him." Mathias started and my head snapped up.

"You're really gonna let me meet him?" I eagerly asked and he laughed.

"Of course, babe. You're right, you have to meet some of my friends... even if Shane is the biggest asshole ever."

"You just say that because you're his best friend."

"No... I whole heartedly mean that. He has no filter."

"Well, I can take it." I teased and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm still keeping my promise. If he messes up by saying one wrong thing, I will punch him in the face—friend or not."

"You're so mean." I snickered.

"Yeah, well, he's mean so..."

"Well, let's go!" I got up, walking towards our bedroom door.

"Why are you so excited to meet him? Do you fancy him or something?" He narrowed his eyes at me and I deadpanned at him.

"Are you serious?"

"I'm joking... just joking." He mumbled. "But if he flirts with you, I'll kill him." He added, brushing past me out the door as I stared agape at him.

I followed after him and we went downstairs to the foyer where I heard light chatter. When we walked in, I saw the hounds sitting around on the couches and Shane on one couch, kicked back.

When Shane saw us, he was quick to sit up. "Thank Goddess, I was about to bash in Chase's face if he aggravated me one more time." He grumbled, standing up.

"To be fair, I'd kick your ass." Chase grinned at Shane, his eyes shining a bright orange.

I giggled at the two as Chase shot me a wink.

"It's nice to officially meet you, I'm Rosemarie." I stuck my hand out and he snickered, pushing my hand away and pulled me in for a hug causing my eyes to widen.