1.20

I am digging through the bookshelves in the study. Nik told me he couldn't find our Mother's grimoire anywhere. I need that book if we are going to figure out how to make the moonlight rings for the pack.

"Can I help you find something?" I hear Elijah ask.

I turn around to face him. "Yes, in fact, I believe you can. I'm looking for a book, about yea big," I gesture with my hands, "filled with our mother's most powerful spells. It appears to have been misplaced."

Elijah sits at the desk. "How very mysterious."

I continue to pull books from the shelves. "Indeed. At first, I feared the witches had succeeded in their efforts to obtain it, but considering their last attempt ended with Nik relieving a rather large, tattooed gentleman of his hands, I began to wonder if the thief wasn't a bit closer to home." I turn around and notice Elijah nonchalantly scribbling in a notebook. "Don't make this harder than it needs to be, brother."

"Well, admittedly, I did have a theory that Nik and your sudden interest in mother's grimoire was in some way related to whatever foolishness you've been conducting with the Crescent wolves. Therefore, I took it upon myself to carefully place it where naughty little fingers could not pry," Elijah explains.

"And here I thought you, of all people, would understand. I am simply trying to help the wolves!" I shout.

"How splendidly noble of you," Elijah remarks.

"Have you ever considered that I am just trying to keep Jackson safe? Using our mother's magic to empower my people so they are capable of protecting my child?" I question.

Elijah stands up and walks towards me. "Yes, unless, of course, they decide to seek retribution for decades held in exile, and you will find yourself in the middle of an uprising. One that will only provoke further violence. You see, you risk turning New Orleans into a war zone, sister. I won't let that happen," Elijah tells me.

"The drums of war were beating long before we returned. I suggest you use a little less of this," I make a talking gesture with my hand, "and a little more of these." I point to my ears and smile fakely.

"Enough of this, Else. You and I are heading back out to the Bayou. I need to have a little chat with your co conspirators," Elijah tells me.

Back in the Bayou I head to find Jack, while Elijah finds Hayley and Oliver.

Jack smiles when he sees me walking towards him. "Where have you been all morning?"

I groan slightly. "Dealing with Elijah, who by the way is here."

Jack looks surprised. "Why is your brother out here?"

"He was hoping to speak with 'the conspirators of a supposed uprising.'" Jack doesn't look thrilled. "He figured out that Klaus promised our pack moonlight rings," I explain.

Jack and I meet up with Elijah, Hayley, Oliver, and Eve. Elijah wastes no time voicing his opinion. "You're making a grave mistake."

"So, you're just worried about us. Is that it?" Oliver questions.

"Look, Elijah. We know all about your brother's reputation, but if there is even a chance that these rings can help us take control of our curse," Jack starts.

Oliver interrupts him, "Our gift."

Jack ignores Oliver and keeps talking, "Then, honestly, we don't care what he's really after. Won't have to."

"I see. There are those in the Quarter who will consider this a great provocation," Elijah states.

"Apparently, most of them see us breathing the same way," Oliver remarks.