2.5

I walk out onto the balcony overlooking the courtyard. I can hear Elijah shouting, "Brother! Niklaus!"

"You do realize that literally everyone in here has supernatural hearing, right?" I ask him.

"Where is our brother?" Elijah questions.

I shrug my shoulders. "I may be his twin but that doesn't mean I know where he is."

"Sister, this city is under siege by an army of beasts following our deranged mother's every command. Now, considering it was your people who just declared war on the vampires, now's not the best time for your particular brand of sass," Elijah remarks.

"Nik left a while ago. If you want to find him, I can't help you. If only there was a magical device that people used to call people? I don't know, I'm out of ideas. Good luck." I turn to walk back to my room but stop and face Elijah again. "Oh! One more thing, Elijah those 'beasts' that you're referring to? They may be under Esther's control, but, like you said, they're my people. So, if you hurt them, our wretched mother will be the least of your problems."

On my way back to my room I stop off at Hayley's. I've grown closer to Hayley in recent months. I think that she has realized through the absence of Jack it's me who is going to look out for the pack. I've lived longer, I've seen wars like this before. I'm the one that should lead our pack right now, and Hayley has finally come to terms with it.

Hayley is laying down on her bed. I walk in and plop down next to her.

"What did Elijah want?" Hayley asks.

"Once again Klaus is unaccounted for and will not answer his phone," I tell her. "Why do you want to know?"

Hayley looks at me for a moment. "No reason." She shakes her head.

I smile and laugh a little. "No reason, or the reason being that you are so totally in love with Elijah."

Hayley blushes slightly. "I'm not in love with him," she insists. She looks down. "Plus Elijah hasn't spoken to me much lately.

I nod my head "What is that all about anyway? You guys were all over each other not too long ago."

Hayley shrugs her shoulders. "I don't really know. Things have changed since," Hayley pauses for a moment. "Since you had to send Jolie away."

I smile sadly at the mention of my daughter. "It feels like the whole city has changed. The pack has split in two, and Jackson is nowhere to be found." I laugh slightly. "It's crazy I kinda miss having Jack around everyday."

Hayley smiles at me. "You two were like the ultimate power couple."

I laugh a little. My smile falls when I hear my name being called. I walk out into the courtyard and find the werewolf Aiden looking for me. "I need your help."

After talking to Aiden I head to Marcel's loft. I'm going to need Elijah and Marcel's help if I'm going to help the wolves. When I arrive I see Elijah pushed up against the wall by a vampire, her hand in his chest.

"Elijah?" I ask. The girl jumps back from my brother. "We need to talk." As Aiden and Hayley walk in, the girl looks like she wants to lunge for them. Elijah holds her back. "We're not here for a fight. Just hear him out."

Elijah looks towards Aiden unimpressed. "Speak. I suggest you be succinct."

Aiden sighs. "Please. I need your help."

Marcel, Oliver, and Josh join Elijah, Gia, Hayley, Aiden, and I. I listen as Aiden explains the werewolves dilemma. "The witch wants soldiers. So now, it's either join up, or pay the price."