2.16

Today is my wedding day. I'm supposed to be happy but I'm worried about Jolie. I've spent the better part of the morning pacing around my bedroom trying to convince myself that she will be fine. I can't take it anymore, so I start to pack a bag. I'm not going to wait another minute not knowing where my daughter is and if she is safe.

"What do you think you're doing?" Nik asks.

I don't turn to look at him, as I continue to pack my bag. "Elijah said they're on the road. So, I'm going to go to them and get my daughter."

"Ellie," Nik starts.

I cut him off, "Do not tell me that it's not safe! I'll tell you what's not safe blowing up a house just to keep our evil brother from finding her!"

Nik sighs. "We will deal with Finn."

"And then what? Every time we kill him, he's just going to jump into another bloody body," I remind him.

"We tried running. We tried hiding. Neither will work," Nik states.

"So what's your bright idea?" I ask.

"As it happens, I am working on a plan as we speak! One which will be bolstered greatly if you just calm down and keep your eye on the prize!" Nik tells me.

"Do not manage me, I have every right to..." I start.

Nik interrupts me, "Else, you are getting married today. An act which will seal the loyalty of all the wolves that answer to Finn!" I give him a look. "You will be queen to an army." He takes my bag out of my hands and sets it on the bed. "And a queen does not run."

Nik leaves and I sit on the bed. As much as I don't want to admit it, Nik is right. I need to get married to Jack. If I don't there will be no werewolf army to protect Jolie.

I get up and start rummaging through my closest. It somehow slipped my mind, I don't have a wedding dress. Everything with Finn has been so crazy lately that I just forgot. Nothing in my closet even vaguely resembles a wedding dress. I pull out another purple gown and sigh.

Suddenly Bekah appears in the doorway. I can tell she is hiding something behind her back. "Alright, bad news first I will have to miss your nuptials." I look at Bekah in shock, my own sister is going to miss my wedding. "Kol has that life-and-death matter he needs help dealing with."

I roll my eyes. "Great so my sister can't come to my wedding because our brother is dying. And it's not even the right brother dying."

Bekah steps towards me. "I am sorry El. I wish I could be here. But I did bring something to make up for it." She pulls out a white lace wedding dress that she was hiding. My eyes widen in surprise. "It's white, which won't fool anyone, but you can't get married in a mini skirt and boots."

I quickly pull Bekah into a hug. "Thank you, really." I pull away and hold the dress in front of myself. "It's beautiful."

"Well, I happen to be the only woman alive who's commissioned wedding dresses in five different centuries. Never made it down the aisle, of course," Bekah reminds me.

I smile at her. "Well, it's not too late! From what I understand, Marcel is still single..." I wiggle my eyebrows. "Have you told him yet that you're... you?"

"I thought I'd hold off on that for the moment. Only complicates matters. And, I'm not exactly sure how long this," Bekah gestures to her body, "is going to last."

I chuckle. "Right."

Bekah smiles as she walks towards me. "Else... I wanted to say... Now, you might be marrying Jackson Kenner of the boozy backwater Kenners, but you're still one of us. A Mikaelson. Always will be."