2.15

I quickly tell Bekah and Nik what happened. That Marcel was asking for Jack's blood, but he didn't give it to him.

I try to call Elijah to warn him. "Pick up the damn phone, Elijah! Finn is trying to find Jolie!" I hang up the phone.

Bekah follows behind me. "She's safe! It'll take a hundred witches to break the cloaking spell."

"I would've said the same about Mother finding you, and yet, a flock of starlings later, and here we are!" I shout.

"He won't let him get to her, Else. But you need to remain calm," Nik tries to assure me.

Suddenly Kol storms into the courtyard. "Our sister doesn't do calm."

Kol throws a handful of powder into Bekah's and Nik's faces, which causes them to go limp and fall to the ground. I rush towards him but he casts a spell and I start to spit up blood. "UGH! Stop!"

Kol is clutching the paragon diamond that got us into a family quarrel in 1914. "Oh, you're angry, are you? Well, join the party, I've been here a thousand years!" I try to push through the pain and get to Kol. He hits me with another spell and I fall to my knees. "I was building that dagger to protect myself against you and Nik. I'm not the bad guy in this chapter of our family's story! I'm the wronged! I'm the dead, but never mourned, and whilst you got everything that you wanted. I got a family who didn't care if I lived or if I died!"

I groan. "Oh, shut up!" I vamp speed towards Kol and grab him in a choke hold as I slam him into the wall. "WE'VE ALL SUFFERED! WE'VE ALL BEEN WRONGED!"

Kol starts gasping for air. "Go on! Go on, finish it off! Go ahead, kill me!"

I glare at Kol for a long moment. I finally let him go and drop him to the floor. I try to calm myself before speaking. "I'm not going to kill you, you idiot! Despite your behavior, you're still my brother!"

Kol looks at me both surprised and confused. "Yeah, just the one you've daggered and allow Nik to dagger repeatedly."

"I've only daggered you twice! Bloody hell I've even daggered Elijah! Each for your own good! If you don't agree with my motives, fine. I never claimed to be the bastion of temperance! But stop this drivel about being singled out and unloved." I walk towards Kol. "You are a Mikaelson! You're my blood. And I need you. I need you by my side." I place my hand on his shoulder.

"What does it even mean, El? Hmm? You talk about family, family this, family that. I haven't even earned the right to share your secrets, have I?" Kol questions.

I shake my head. "No. You haven't. But, by all means, brother prove yourself. It's not too late."

"Finn wants your blood. He promised to heal me if I delivered it," Kol informs me.

"You know where he is?" I ask.

"You've gotta tell me why he wants it," Kol insists. I look away from him, unsure If I should tell him. "Look, El, you've gotta trust me for once in your life, and I will stand by your side! I promise."

"You would risk your life to help me?" I ask.

"I know enough about dark magic to know that I'm hexed." Kol's voice breaks in fear and sadness. I start to tear up and so does Kol. "There's no reversing what Finn's done to me, which makes him a murderer and a liar. And if I'm gonna die, I'll be damned if he gets what he wants."

I swallow nervously. "Finn has been dead to me for a long time. Tonight, I intend to make that official. Help me, and then I will share my secret with you."

Kol considers my offer for a moment. "He'll be in the bell tower of the St. Louis Cathedral." Kol smiles as he grabs my hands and puts them on either side of his head. "Go inside my head. Find the spell. Let's finish this."