1.21

Father Kieran has succumbed to the hex put on him by one of the witches. I know Cami is upset over the loss of her uncle. The rest of the city is in mourning as well. Father Kieran was a well known, and well liked member of the community. He wanted peace between the factions and in the end he died because he pissed off a witch.

Today an Irish style wake is being thrown for Father Kieran at Rousseau's. Irish music is playing and the alcohol is flowing. Everyone is reminiscing about Father Kieran and celebrating his life.

Jackson decided he should be here with me, which I'm grateful for. Nik is upset about Kieran's death, and is just trying to be there for Cami. I know he denies it but I think my brother might be in love with her. I watch as Cami joins Nik at a table.

I turn towards Jack, frowning slightly. "Father Kieran's death has made me realize that this city is still so far from safe."

Jack frowns. "I think the safest place for our daughter is the Bayou."

I nod my head. "I know, I just..."

Jack smiles. "You just want our daughter to feel safe and loved."

I laugh a little. "Honestly I'm just scarred."

Seeing Cami has gotten up from the table Jack and I head over to Nik. I hand him a bottle of bourbon as I sit next to him. "I thought you could use this."

Nik smiles slightly at me, but it quickly fades when he notices Marcel enter Rousseau's. Marcel walks over to the bar. He grabs a bottle of scotch before turning to address the whole party. "I know I haven't been around these parts lately. It's a testament to Father Kieran that we could come together and share a drink, and a story or two. Kieran rolled into town on a rusty old cruiser after his daddy died twenty-five years ago. And damnit, that guy could party!" Everyone laughs. "That was, of course, before he took his vows. But, even then, he was committed to the Quarter. He knew that this town needed him. And, we still do." He raises his glass. "To Father K!"

Everyone cheers, "To Father K." The party drinks in his honor and goes back to their festivities.

Elijah walks over and joins us at the table.

Nik still has a sour look on his face. "Seems rather uncivilized to laugh and dance around the body of a loved one."

Elijah pours himself a drink. "Yes, far better to practice your process of grief, Niklaus denial, rage, and hoarding coffins in basements."

Hayley walks over and sits next to Elijah. I smile at her. "I will warn you, Hayley, Niklaus is in a spectacularly foul mood today."

Nik looks towards me. "Sod off."

Hayley turns toward Nik. "What's the deal with these moonlight rings? Oliver's trying to set a revolution every five seconds. People are scared, angry, and frankly, I'm tired of stalling."

Nik looks at her. "It's a day of peace, Hayley. Try and enjoy it." Nik turns to me. "And, in the meantime, with all manner of unknown enemies conspiring against our family, you'll move back in with us, Else."

I shake my head. "No. I'm not moving back in until the werewolves are able to move back into the Quarter as well. Anyways we all know I am very capable of looking after myself."

Nik is growing frustrated. "The rings are in progress. I will live up to my word. We will find and punish whoever launched the attack on the Bayou, and you will return to the compound for your own safety!" I roll my eyes. "But, right now," He grabs the bottle of scotch, "I'm gonna finish this bottle and the next, in the hopes of drowning the demon who has chosen today to haunt me." He looks up at the ceiling before chugging right from the bottle. "Cheers, Mikael. Impeccable, Freudian timing."