2.19

Elijah quickly heads downstairs to bring Freya up. Freya immediately walks toward Bekah to greet her, smile on her face. "Rebekah!" Bekah stands up, and the two squeeze each other's hands. "It's good to see you again."

"And you! Although I'd prefer better circumstances," Bekah tells Freya.

The two sit next to each other on the couch while I sit in a chair across from then and Elijah stands off to the side. Nik is sitting in the corner with a drink, he back turned to all of us.

"You needn't worry. Elijah explained the problem, and I can help," Freya states.

Nik mutters loudly, "Rather confident, aren't we?"

Freya turns to look at him, partly amused and partly confused, but when Nik doesn't even acknowledge her, she just scoffs and turns back to Rebekah. "The spirit of the host body is powerful, but I can cast a spell." She brushes Bekah's cheek with her hand. "Put you in a deep sleep, and then suppress this other essence. You'll be just fine.

I can tell Bekah is nervous but she brushes it off. "Lovely. When do we start?"

Nik groans. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me. She spouts off some magical diagnosis, and we are all supposed to applaud?"

"Nik, she's trying to help!" Bekah shouts.

Nik stands to his feet and walks toward Bekah and Freya. "Yes, but for the sake of keeping our options open, why not write down your spells and incantations, that way we can have them double-checked by an impartial third party? Say, Davina? She'd love to prove me wrong."

Freya looks offended. "I doubt she'd be able to understand my magic, let alone have the power to execute it."

"Oh, so you're my only hope, then? Seems rather convenient, doesn't it?" Nik questions.

I roll my eyes at my oh so dramatic brother.

Freya however, looks hurt and betrayed. "I knew it would be difficult to earn your trust, Niklaus. Your reputation precedes you." Nik smiles mockingly at her as she stands and walks toward him. "But, if we are to face Dahlia together, you will have to trust me. Given the peril that Rebekah now faces, are you truly incapable of giving me even a chance to prove myself?" Nik rolls his eyes and turns back toward the bar. Freya turns to address Elijah, Bekah, and I. "I know I appear as an outsider, but I have dreamt of you all for a thousand years." I look between my siblings before turning back to Freya. "Elijah-- when you were in Esther's womb, she would ask me to sing to you. I would feel her belly as I did." She laughs. "How you would kick. She would say it was as if Thor himself had raised his hammer..."

Elijah finishes her sentence, "And summoned thunder and lightning." They smile at each other, and Elijah is visibly touched that Freya would remember this memory. "Mother rarely mentioned you, but when she did, she would say how enchanted you were with the prospect of my birth."

"How I wanted more brothers. And sisters." Freya looks to Bekah and I. I smile sweetly at her. "More than anything." Nik sits in the corner, remaining left out from the conversation. "But between Esther and Dahlia, that wish was taken from me. I was ruined by those who raised me. If nothing else, at least we have that in common." She looks over at Nik, before turning back to Elijah. "There is nothing that can replace what was taken from us. But, I hope we can make something better in its place. All you have to do is trust me."

Before anyone can say anything, Klaus vamp-speeds over to Freya and breaks her neck.

I try to stop him, but I'm not fast enough. "Nik!"

Nik just smirks. "Well, that's enough of that, don't you think?" He drops her body carelessly onto the ground. Elijah, Bekah, and I stand around him, anger written on our faces. "Right. Now we can have a proper family meeting."