2.11

I head downstairs to see Jack. He is sitting in a chair next to some other wolves, whiskey bottle in hand. When he sees me, he smiles, and offers the bottle to me. I happily take it and drink from it.

It takes a while but Davina eventually shows up at the compound. She is about to touch the barrier but Kol rushes over to her.

"Careful, careful! It's nasty," Kol warns. He smiles at Davina. "Pretty girl to the rescue, eh?" Davina grins at him. "You ready?"

Davina nods, and the two hold out their hands so that they're nearly touching, with only the magical barrier separating them. Once they're settled, they start to murmur an incantation under their breath. "Singuinata venet a superem. Singuinata venet a superem."

I push my way to the front of the crowd with Marcel. We watch as Davina and Kol are both forcefully thrown backwards from the barrier.

"What just happened?" Davina asks.

Nik appears next to me having heard the commotion. "I assume that means we're all free to go?"

Kol looks anxious. "No. The spell's locking us out."

"Vincent must be channeling something. A dark object, maybe," Davina explains.

I look at my brothers frustrated and concerned. I get a call from Elijah. Nik and I head away from everyone else. I pace back and forth while Elijah talks.

"What do you mean, she's gone?" I ask.

"I just received a call from Angelica Barker, who is still very much herself," Elijah informs us.

Nik takes the phone from my hand. "Stay where you are. I'll handle it." Nik looks at me steaming mad.

That's when Kol approaches us. "Everything all right?"

"It will be, provided you've found a solution to this little quandary of ours," I tell him.

"Well, I might have. I'm not sure you're gonna like it, though," Kol informs us.

"I'm not sure we have a choice," Nik states.

"There are things that we need from the Lycée, which means we need it clear of Finn. And, knowing him, there's only one thing that will distract him for long enough," Kol tells us.

"And what's that?" Nik questions.

"If you tell him where to find our mother," Kol answers.

Nik and I reluctantly agree that it's the best idea. Nik agrees to handle Finn. I head back to my room needing a moment to breath. But when I get there Jackson is sitting on my bed. He looks like he is thinking hard about something. But when he sees me, he smiles. "Hey, what's going on?"

I sigh. "Just more family drama, like normal."

"What happened this time?" Jack questioned.

"Rebekah didn't wake up in Angelica Barker's body like she was supposed to," I tell him.

"So where is she?" Jack asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "No one really knows yet. Klaus is going to try and find her once we can get out of here."

"I'm sure one of your brothers will find her. She has to be somewhere after all," Jack offers.

I smile slightly. "I wish that Rebekah being missing could be the only problem." I pause for a moment. "My mother is a vampire now."

Jack looks at me confused. "When did that happen?"

"The night Bekah body jumped. Esther has been in a tomb in Lafayette Cemetery ever since. Although Klaus is currently telling Finn where she is, because Kol needs Davina to get into the Lycee if we are ever going to break this spell," I explain. Jack just looks at me. "I know it's a lot to take in. Then yet again my family is a lot to take in."