2.17

I'm sitting in the upstairs lounge with Jackson and Nik. Nik wanted to discuss using the wolves to finally take down Finn.

"It's time to use our werewolf army. Finn and the woman who calls herself my sister are in this city. The wolves can help us pinpoint their location," Nik states.

"No, we need all hands on deck here with Jolie," Jack argues. Nik's eyes widen in annoyance. "I think you can compel humans to track your enemies."

"Do my ears deceive me? Or did you just give me an order? In my own home?" Nik questions.

"This ain't about your ego, Klaus! It's about what's best for my little girl," Jack argues.

"How dare you question my intentions for my niece!" Nik shouts.

"As much as I hate to admit it, Jack, Klaus is right. Finn's body disappeared from the morgue, which means that he's either powerful enough to heal from that explosion, or Freya's powerful enough to save him. Either way, we're not finding them unless we... send our best people out there," I argue.

Jack sighs in frustration.

"I'm sure you and all your merry men will find them post haste," Nik says patronizingly.

Jackson stands to his feet and stares Nik in the eye. "Just to be clear, I'm giving this order because Else is asking." Nik opens his mouth to speak, but Jackson cuts him off before he can say anything, "Don't think for one second that I take orders from you. Especially when it comes to my daughter." Jack leaves, I'm sure to find Aiden.

I turn to my brother. "You're going to help the wolves and I with this. I'll meet you at the cemetery later to sort this out."

I head to Jolie's nursery. I haven't wanted to let her out of my sight since she's come home. I know Finn is still out there. Even worse, we still don't know if the curse on the Mikaelson first borns is true.

I smile down at Jolie in her crib. She looks up at me and coos. I lean over the crib and brush her hair with my hand. "How's my baby girl doing?" I laugh slightly. "Momma's so glad your home." I pick Jolie up out of her crib. I sit down in the rocking chair, slowly rocking Jolie back and forth. "You know there is nothing I wouldn't do for you. As long as I am alive and breathing, you will always be my number one girl." It's not long before she falls asleep. I delicately place her back in her crib.

I walk into my room closing the door quietly behind me. I breathe a sigh of relief. Jolie has been really good since coming home. I assumed she would have an adjustment period, but she's been as good as a six month old can be.

I turn around when I hear a soft knock on the door frame. Jack is standing there holding a plate in his hand.

I smile at him. "Shhh. I just got her down."

Jack walks over to me and hands me the plate. "Thought you might be hungry."

I laugh a little. "Grilled cheese, huh? Hell of a chef!"

Jack laughs. "Well, I don't like to brag."

I smile at him as I start to put away Jolie's toys. "I should make you my famous strawberry apple pie sometime. It's good enough to put a smile on even Klaus' face."

Jack starts to help me pick up the toys, that only seem to multiply. He picks up a plastic giraffe. "I can't believe we missed six months of Jolie's life."

I put my hand over his. "Hey. She's here now, and she's not going anywhere, anytime soon. I promise."

"I still feel like I never get to see her," Jack confesses.

"You've been a million miles away lately," I tell him.

Jack looks slightly guilty. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just trying to get the wolves back into the Quarter."