2.6

I track my brother down to an abandoned building in the woods. We can hear Nik and Mikael fighting from outside the building. Marcel heads in first. I see Mikael knock Marcel on his back and hold a stake to his heart.

"Now, ENOUGH! This night has been a long parade of fools. I'll enjoy killing every last one of you," Mikael threatens.

I rush towards him and throw a chain around his neck. I yank so hard it knocks him off of his feet. "Yeah, I wouldn't bet on it." I take the chain and hit him in the face with the chain.

Marcel and I rush over to Nik, and Davina does the same. I smirk at my father knowing Nik and I finally have the upper hand.

"It's over, Mikael. You're outnumbered. Are you going to beg for your miserable life?" Nik taunts.

Mikael laughs. "You think having people makes you strong? It proves how weak you are. Come find me when you don't have fools, women and children fighting your battles." He throws the scrap of wood at Nik and vamp-speeds away.

I look at Nik and can see relief wash over his face. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Marcel and I head outside leaving Nik and Cami alone. "I really wish I could have killed him," I tell Marcel.

Marcel laughs. "You and Klaus both."

I laugh at Marcel's comment. I see Davina and a boy around her age sitting on the hood of a car. I point them out to Marcel. "Who is Davina with?"

Marcel shakes his head. "I don't know, but I'm gonna find out."

We walk over to the two. Marcel ignores the boy and only pays attention to Davina. "You are lucky to be alive, young lady. You wanna tell me what the hell you were thinking?"

"Can we not do this right now?" Davina asks.

I laugh slightly. "Are we gonna embarrass you in front of your friend?"

Honestly I'm mad at Davina too. What she was doing with Mikael is reckless. She very easily could have gotten herself, and a lot of other people killed. Mikael is not someone you try to control. She should have let him die when the Other Side fell apart.

Marcel turns to the boy. "Who the hell is this guy, anyway?"

The boy grins. "Oh, we've gotta stop meeting like this, both of you."

I look at the boy confused. I've surely never met this boy before, not in my thousand years on this earth.

"He's my friend, and he's helping me," Davina states.

"Helping you do what? Wage war on Klaus, and help me get killed in the process?" Marcel accuses.

Davina is getting angry. "I just saved Klaus' life trying to protect you!"

"Yeah, from a psycho-vampire-hunter that you brought back to life," I start.

The boy cuts in, "Alright, enough!" I glare at the boy. "Well, I... I think it's enough." As I continue to glare at him the boy continues to backpedal. "It should be enough. I mean, we're all friends here, aren't we?"

Marcel gives Davina a look. "Just stay here 'til I get back. I'll handle Klaus."

Marcel and I start back towards the building. Marcel turns to me. "Thanks for having my back with Davina."

I smile at him. "I have had your back since you were a child, Marcel. Plus Davina was being reckless and someone needed to tell her that."

Back inside Cami and Nik are talking to one another. "You know, in a thousand years, I think it's the first time I've seen him run," I hear Nik say.