Chapter 1: Dragon Raid

Dragons can be heard outside our house. "Hiccup! Ready to go?" Shouting as I grab the last couple of things off the table.

"Coming!"

Opening the door I see a dragon about to fire. Quickly with Hiccup's help, we shut the door.

We do everything together. Which means we get treated alike too... in some ways. Dad won't even acknowledge me often. But I wouldn't say that Hiccup's got it much better. I'd much rather be totally ignored than be yelled at most every day. Thankfully we have each other and that's enough for me.

Avoiding the dragons and bigger Vikings as best we can, we race towards the blacksmith shop. Suddenly a familiar force lifts me off the ground. "Hiccup?! Y/n?! What are they doing out aga-?! What are you two doing out?! Get Inside!"

I don't speak. I just listen and Hiccup follows.

Upon entering the shop, "Ah! Nice of you to join the party! I thought you'd been carried off!"

Quickly Hiccup fires back "What, who us? Nah, come on! We're waaaaay too muscular for their taste. They wouldn't know what to do with All... This." Motioning to both our skinny bodies.

"Well, they need toothpicks, don't they?" chuckles Gobber.

"Yeah, especially after the large main course." I joke along while I start on my part of fixing up the axes and stuff.

"Oh, come on. Let me out, please? I need to make my mark!" complains my brother as he is lifted away from the wood counter.

"Yea, Gobber! I need to make my mark too." I add crossing my arms.

"Oh, you've both made plenty of marks. All in the wrong places!"

"Please, two minutes. We'll kill a dragon. Our lives will get infinitely better. I might even get a date." Hiccup pleads.

Gobber points to an axe, hammer, and finally picks up a bola. Telling us what we already know we can't do that well.

"Fine, but this will do it for us." My brother motions to the equipment beside me. Giving it a small pat causing it to shoot a bola by accident.

"Arggh!" Shouts a random Viking in pain.

"See, now This... This right here is what I'm talking about!"

"Sorry, mild calibration issue--" I apologize.

"Don't you -- No-- Y/n and Hiccup. If you two want to get out there to fight dragons, You need to stop all... This." Gobber motions in our direction.

"But you just pointed to ALL of us!" we exclaimed.

"Yes! That's it! Stop being all of you!"

"Ohhh..." Hiccup says trying his best to sound threatening.

"Ohhhhh, yes."

"You sir, are playing a VERY dangerous game. Keeping this much, raw... Viking-ness... contained? THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES!" shaking my pointer finger at him.

"I'll take my chances. Swords. Sharpen. Now." He responds giving each of us a sword.

Part of the way done with my assigned sword I hear the sound of the most feared dragon... The Night Fury.

"Man the fort; Y/n and Hiccup. They need me out there!" Gobber turns to leave grabbing his 'axe' hand. Turning back he adds "Stay. Put. There. You know what I mean."

Rolling my eyes. Hiccup and I share a look, before heading outside with our new invention.

" Come on. Gimme something to shoot at, Gimme something to shoot at." I barely hear my brother mutters to himself.

A blast is heard coming from the village. The next thing I know is that a loud cry is heard falling from the sky. " You hit it! YES! YOU HIT IT! Did anyone else see that?!"

The sound of something breaking the wooden invention causes me to turn around. "Except for you." My brother states with sarcasm.

Turning we race back towards the village Screaming as we run. In hopes that someone would hear us and help.

Quickly we hide behind a pillar. Pulling my brother close to me we turn to look not realizing it's right behind us. Dad proceeds to come to our rescue again.

"You're all out!"

"Sorry, dad." we both say as we are lifted up off the ground.

"Okay, but I hit a Night Fury." Hiccup adds hopefully. "It's not like the last few times, Dad! I mean, I really actually hit it! You guys were busy and I had a very clear shot. It went down, just off Raven Point. Let's get a search party out there, before it--"

"STOP! Just... stop. Every time you two step out disaster follows. Can you not see that I have bigger problems? Winter's almost here and I have an entire village to feed!"

"Between us three, the village could do with a little less feeding, don't ya think?" I give a soft chuckle to my brother's comment.

"This isn't a joke Hiccup and Y/n! Why can't you follow the simplest orders?"

"We can't stop ourselves. We see a dragon and we have to just... kill it, you know? It's who we are, Dad." I say trying to give him the answer I think he would want.

Instead, I get a, " You guys are many things, Y/n and Hiccup. But a dragon killer is not one of them. Get back to the house." Dad sets us back down on the ground.

Following Gobber and Hiccup, I hang my head. Totally humiliated that Dad told us off in front of the whole village. Yet again. The other teens' comments don't help much either.

"So... I really did hit one."

"Sure, Hiccup."

"Gobber. He did hit one!" I insist.

"He never listens." Hiccup points out.

"Well, it runs in the family."

" And when he does, it's always with this... disappointed scowl. Like someone skimped on the meat in his sandwich. 'Excuse me, barmaid! I'm afraid you brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra-large boy with beefy arms. Extra guts and glory on the side. This here, This is a talking fishbone!'"

"Yeah... and. 'Excuse me, Barmaid! I didn't order another offspring. Especially one that's a talking shrimp.'" I add.

"Now, you're thinking this all wrong. It's not so much what you look like on the outside he can't stand. It's what's on the inside he can't stand."

"Thank you for summing that up." Hiccup sarcastically responds.

"Look, the point is, stop trying to be something you're not."

"We just want to be one of you guys." Sadly we walk into our house.

><><><><><><><

A/N:

Hi guys! I've rewritten this chapter because I didn't like how it was written out the first time. Any feedback would be great! I hope you guys are staying safe out there!