Chapter 8: Dragon Nip

(Y/n POV)

We made Toothless a saddle last night. Today we are going to try to put it on him.

"Toothless! We're here!" I call out excitedly once we get to the cove.

Bounding over he quickly turns and runs playfully away as soon as Hiccup shows him the saddle.

"Hey!" Hiccup yells.

Giggling I watch as he starts chasing Toothless around the cove.

"Mind giving me a hand Y/n?!"

"Coming!" I shout back still giggling as I run over.

"Not funny Y/n." Hiccup tells me folding his arms trying to look stern. I keep giggling. He starts smiling. Shaking his head adds, "What am I gonna do with you?"

"Um... Keep me?!" I ask, followed by more giggling. Seeing that he is coming towards me I turn and sprint away.

"Y/n! You come back here!" Hiccup shouts teasingly, joining in with laughter. It's become so rare now a days. I really miss it.

Lost in thought, Hiccup ends up tackling me (gently as to not hurt my already injured hand) to the ground. He ends up beating me because I'm laughing too hard.

We both take a moment to catch our breathe.

"Ok. Let's get back to what we came here to do." He says.

Now that playtime is over Toothless cooperates a bit more.

(Hiccup's POV)

We finally got the saddle on Toothless.

"Ready Y/n?"

"Yeah! Let's do this!" she exclaims excitedly, while trying to get on the saddle.

Giving her a hand, I'm then able to get on next.

"Hang on! Here we go!" giving Toothless a little nudge letting him know we're ready.

We're only in the sky for a couple of seconds before we start falling. Pulling on the rope connecting to the prosthetic tail fin I'm able to change it's position. Which unfortunately allowed the wind to blow us back causing us all to tumble backwards.

Crashing into a field of tall grass I notice that Toothless started rolling around in it.

Y/n holds up a handful of it, "What is this stuff? Because it isn't normal grass..."

"I have no idea. Must be like umm... Dragon nip or something?"

(3rd Person POV)

[All the teens are back in the arena. Hiccup grounds a Gronckle during training by rubbing Dragon Nip on its nose.]

Fishlegs: "What was that? Some kind of trick? What did you do?"

Tuffnut: "How'd you do that? Y/n did you know about this?"

Ruffnut: "It was really cool."

Fishlegs: "Hey, Hiccup!"

Snotlout: "Hey, Hiccup, I've never seen a Gronckle do that before!"

Hiccup: "We left our axes back in the ring. You guys go on ahead."

Y/n: "We'll catch up with you guys later."

__________________

Author's Note:

Sorry about the short chapter today. 

Quick question for you... Who is your favorite character from HTTYD? and why?

(I'll answer this question in the next update ;) )