Chapter 7: Meeting For The First Time

(Your POV)
We work hard all night making a tail fin for the Night Fury. I hope it works. As of right now, I'm following Hiccup to where the dragon is. I don't really know what I'm doing but he said we needed fish and lots of it. Hence the reason I'm carrying this basket of fish.

"Ok. We're here!" Hiccup announces.

I follow him down into what he calls the cove.

"Hey, Toothless. Come meet my sister!"

I watch as a big black dragon comes wandering close to me. It starts sniffing me. Feeling a bit uncomfortable I back up not knowing what to do.

"Whoa! Calm down bud." Placing his hand on the dragon's head it calms down. Motioning to me to place my hand where his is. I do so.

"Hello." I whisper to the dragon. Looking over at Hiccup, "What is its name?"

"His name is Toothless."

Giving him a confused look "Huh? What kind of name is that?"

"Oh. Umm... Well when I first met Toothless it looked as if he didn't have any teeth." Turning towards Toothless "Show her Toothless."

I watch in amazement as Toothless show me his retractable teeth.

(Hiccup's POV)

After Toothless is done showing Y/n his retractable teeth I go ahead and tell her to start giving him the fish.

"Hey, Toothless. We brought you breakfast. I hope you're hungry. Let's see we've got some salmon, son=me nice Icelandic cod, and a whole smoked eel." I hear Y/n tell Toothless.

Toothless roars in fear when Y/n points out the eel.

"No, no, no, no! It's okay!" *Y/n throws the eel aside* "Yeah, we don't like eel much either."

Once he starts eating the fish, I start working on getting the new tail-fin on.

"Oh no." Y/n states. Looking behind me I realize that Toothless is about to take off.

(Y/n POV)

Toothless takes off with Hiccup still on his tail. Literally. I watch as they are about to fly into the rock wall. Shutting my eyes, I wait for the noise of them hitting the wall. That sound never comes. Instead I hear Hiccup yell "OH, MY IT'S WOKING! YES! YES, I DID IT!"

Seconds later I hear a big o' splash. Followed with "AAAAAGGGGHHHHH! Yeah!"

(3rd Person POV)

[Picture all the teens back at the arena for another one of Gobber's 'Training Session'. The arena fills with a greenish fog, given off by a dragon.]

Gobber: "Today is about teamwork. Now, a wet dragon head can't light its fire. The Hideous Zippleback is extra tricky. One head breathes gas, the other head lights it. Your job is to know which is which."

Fishlegs: "Razor sharp, serrated teeth that inject venom for pre-digestion. Prefers ambush attack, by crushing its victims—"

Hiccup: [On edge] "Will you please stop that?!"

Snotlout: "If that dragon shows either of his faces, I'm gonna-- there!"

[Snotlout and Tuffnut drench Astrid, Y/n, and Ruffnut, thinking they were the Zippleback.]

Ruffnut: Hey! It's us, idiots!

Tuffnut: Your butts are getting bigger. We thought you were a dragon.

Snotlout: Not that there's anything wrong with a dragon-esque figure-- Ow!

[Astrid punches Snotlout in the face, and Ruffnut throws her bucket at Tuffnut, who is then dragged into the wall of smoke. While Y/n backs away from all three of them.]

Astrid: "Wait." [A tail knocks them all off their feet except Y/n who is just out of reach.]

Tuffnut: (running out of the mist, screaming) "OH, I'M HURT! I AM VERY MUCH HURT!"

Fishlegs: "Chances of survival are dwindling into single-digits now." [One of the Zippleback heads emerges from the mist. Fishlegs throws water at its face, and it angrily spews out some green gas.]

Fishlegs (cont.): "Oh. Wrong head."

[The head sprays a large stream of green gas, and Fishlegs runs off screaming. The head turns its attention to Hiccup and Y/n, when the other head comes into view, spitting electrical sparks]

Gobber: Fishlegs! Now, Hiccup and Y/n!

[Hiccup and Y/n both throw their bucket of water at the spark-spitting head, but they both miss]

Hiccup: "Oh, come on!"

Y/n: "Seriously! You've got to be joking!"

[The Zippleback pounces, both heads snarling at Hiccup and Y/n]

Gobber: "Hiccup! Y/n!"

[Hiccup and Y/n reverse the Hideous Zippleback with two hidden eels.]

Hiccup: "Back! Back! Back! BACK! Now, don't you make us tell you again!"

Y/n: "Yes, that's right! Back into your cage."

Hiccup: "Now think about what you've done."

[Hiccup and Y/n shut the door of the enclosure. He and Y/n throw the eels inside, and the Zippleback cowers in terror. The other teens and Gobber are shocked, and Fishlegs drops his bucket.]

Y/n: "Okay! So, are we done?"

Hiccup: "Because we've got some things we need to, uh..."

Y/n: "Yep. We'll... see-see you tomorrow!"

Author's Note:

Here is what Y/n's outfit looks like...